Does anyone feel totally exhausted after a doc appt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Or after they do something? I went to the doc yesterday and i was totally wore out and I hurt all over especially the pressure point on my top breastbone. I was just wondering if this happens to everyone or is there something else wrong with me.
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Or after they do something? I went to the doc yesterday and i was totally wore out and I hurt all over especially the pressure point on my top breastbone. I was just wondering if this happens to everyone or is there something else wrong with me.
  3. JannyW

JannyW New Member

but just about everything wears me out these days. I was at my PCP's office today & am getting ready for a nap!

Jan ^v^
  4. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I know with me I am, one reason is because of extra stress, my BP always goes up and that tires you out.

Harmony
  5. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

That's me in a nutshell, totally exhausted after appts..Then I have to come home and rest in order to make dinner..Some of the time, I'm tired before I go, that I would really like to cancel, but I always go anyway..Figure I have to in order to get any results or ideas to keep functioning..........
    Take Care.........Donna
  6. totteacher

totteacher New Member

hi Carlacat,

I'm usually really tired, too, after a dr. appointment. It seems it is a bunch of hurry up and wait. I think its a bit stressful because you're anxious to find out how you're doing or what the doctor is going to say or do. Also, it never fails that when I'm getting ready to go to an appointment, everybody under the sun has to call. Now I just let the answering machine get it!!

Linda
  7. kadywill

kadywill New Member

emotionally and physically, either from trying to convince the doc of my problem or from being so relieved when he understands! I'm ALWAYS relieved when I don't haf to be weighed~~~~that's my main fear; that, and of being told I have yet another medical "condition" and I need MORE pills!!!!!!!
  8. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Hi CarlyCat. I'm always exhausted after my Rheumetologist appointments. But then, I have to travel 200 miles round trip to see her. This last visit was doozy! I've been in a flare since and am just starting to get back on my feet, which also hurt terribly.
    God bless, Deena
  9. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

worse later on.

Take care, Kim and Gary
  10. Dara

Dara New Member

who use to (before I quit going to him), did his exam by taking my arms and pulling them behind my back. Then in his report writes that I have good mobility, the stupid jerk. I can't move my arms for days after one of his appointments. I don't know why I allowed this except I find myself wanting to "sugar coat" everything and not let him know verbally how much he is hurting me. Why do we do that to ourselves? Now, at the first sign of discomfort of pain I tell them to STOP.

Dara
  11. allhart

allhart New Member

i always feel horrible after the dr some pressure points hurt for days ,i always wonder if what there doing maybe considered a form of torture?