Does anyone get a cool wet sensation under the skin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debgene56, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

I sometimes get a cool wet sensation under the skin. I have it thru my back now. It is a really strange feeling.
    My back is warm and dry to the touch. Hugs to you all! Deb
    P.s. it came on after drinking two glasses of ice water.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/27/2003]
  2. fallingapart

fallingapart New Member

Mee too!! It happens in my right leg.....sometimes it is cold, and sometimes feels like hot water shooting down my leg...weird!!
  3. 2girls

2girls New Member

Funny how much we all have in common! I know this one and you have described it perfectly. When this sensation first started, I thought the roof was leaking! Felt like cold water dripping on my arm yet my arm was bone dry. Get this more often these days.
    2girls
  4. mapessd

mapessd New Member

You decribed it so well i get it in different places mostly on my legs.. Iv'e never been able to decribe it as good as you have .. May some day we can get to the bottom of this DD
    Sue
  5. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

I get it on the back of my neck - feels like cold water running down it[This Message was Edited on 07/15/2003]
  6. Echos

Echos New Member

Debgene56
    (28)

Does anyone get a cool wet sensation under the skin?

Hi Debgene. I have CFIDS and also have sensitive skin. The feeling I get is quite different than that, though I do get that as well. I often get a very disgusting feeling under my skin, thru my whole body. It makes me feel like I don't even want to be a part of my skin. I can't have anything touching me during this time (15-30min.) It is a feeling hard to describe. It's just a very disgusting feeling as though a million somethings are running around beneath my skin.....
    SWAK's
    Echos
  7. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I'm not sure this is the same thing, but your description reminds me of a feeling I remember getting on my right thigh one day years ago when it was raining outside. I was indoors (in a library) and at first thought I had just gotten some water on my slacks when I was coming into the library from my car. I kept touching my leg expecting my pants to be wet, but they were dry. The sensation didn't go away for quite a while, but it evolved. It spread around to the back of my leg and up my trunk around my rib cage (front and back, from about my arm pits to my knees). I think it was on both sides before it finally went away a couple of months later. After the initial feeling of wetness, it began feeling more like the sensation you get when you're just coming out of Novacaine--what I called "semi-numbness." (I also used to call it my "attack of weirdness.")

It wasn't painful, and it didn't affect my functioning. It was just strange.

But I'm pretty sure that was associated with multiple sclerosis, with which I was diagnosed a year or two later.

Now that I have *both* MS (diagnosed in 1978) and fibro (diagnosed in late August 2002), I realize that many of the symptoms seem similar, and I can't really be sure anymore what's causing what symptoms.

This probably isn't very helpful, but your description of the sensation of wetness just sounds so familiar that I felt I should share my own experience with it.

--Laura R.M.

[This Message was Edited on 03/01/2003]
  8. dizzydonna1212

dizzydonna1212 New Member

Hi Echos,

I can totally relate to what you are saying about things crawling under your skin! I have had this sensation for years. It is beyond annoying. But, what you gonna do.

I am 45 and have had FM/CFID/ME for 20 yrs. Dxd w/fm 2yrs.ago. I knew something was wrong, but no, I had to go to dr. after dr. till finally a dx.
    Hope you feel better.
    DONNA
  9. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

I forgot, (brain fog) I get the creepy crawlies to. I don't know how many times I have thrown the covers off to look for bugs. No I let it go.
  10. dogwoods

dogwoods New Member

I thought I was going nuts!! I've been having the "dripping water on my skin" feeling for over a month now . . not painful, just weird. Does anyone have a name for this? Judy
  11. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

Has anyone tried explainiing to thier doc a sympton like that and watch thier eyes roll? Deb
  12. RosesArePink2

RosesArePink2 New Member

Thought I was just weird for having this feeling. So glad to find out it is a real-not imagined- sensation. I have gotten to where I cannot differeniate between real and imagined as so few people I am associated with understand fibromyalgia and I sometimes wonder if it IS "all in my head".