Does anyone get relief from prednosone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by freshgreens, Feb 12, 2006.

1. freshgreens

freshgreens New Member

I wonder, since as another post said, this is supposed to be a non-inflammatory disorder, why prednosone gives relief.
    Does anyone else have this experience?
  2. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

I was just given this for severe upper back pain, I am still not sure what is causing the pain but this helped and the Dr. said it it probably not the fibro.
  3. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

With both my SED rate and CRP very high, my rhuemy has had me on a low dose of prednisone (5-10 mgs)for a couple of months. It has reduced either inflammatory markers but it has kept it steady while he figures out what is going on. I don't like being on it and I hope on Tuesday when I see doc again I can convince him to take me off it.

Something is causing my inflammation and I am glad the doc has chosen to try and treat the symptoms but I don't like being on steroids this long.
  4. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

i was on prednisone earlier this week,
    for a migraine that i've had since last saturday.
    within one day of taking it, i was noticably less achy,
    and my migraine was going away day by day.
    it worked well for the couple days i took it,
    but from the things i've heard, i wouldn't take it as a long term everyday kind of thing.
    it does work exceptionally well though.
    or at least it did for me.
  5. angelstarr

angelstarr New Member

I have been on Prednisone for 5 years 5 milligrams. Sometimes when I flare real bad I up it to 10-15. for a couple of days. I have tried to get off this med numerous times and cannot. I take several meds for inflammation but because I am a gasrtric bypass patient I have trouble with regular anti-inflam like motrin or aleve. I am currently on 4 mg of methylprednisone. It is the same as what is in a medrol dose pack. I find I have less swelling and less sideeffects from it.

It is a love to hate drug... great for inflammation but bad for the rest of your body.

HUGS
    Angel
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

When I'm on prednisone, it is for my systemic lupus, arthritis, and/or asthma. It makes me feel better all over because it is helping a lot of my pain and swelling.