Does anyone get sick when they take Vit C pills? I do...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

If I take a vitamin C I get sick like I have a bad cold and flu put into one. I kept telling my husband this and he didnt believe me, so I proved it. I took Vit C and lo and behold I was sick within 24 hrs. I had to prove this to him twice before he believed me. So I stay away from Vit C pills and dont drink orange juice. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?
    Carlacat
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

If I take a vitamin C I get sick like I have a bad cold and flu put into one. I kept telling my husband this and he didnt believe me, so I proved it. I took Vit C and lo and behold I was sick within 24 hrs. I had to prove this to him twice before he believed me. So I stay away from Vit C pills and dont drink orange juice. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?
    Carlacat
  3. JP

JP New Member

Hi Carla,

Many supplements mess with my system. I can tolerate vit C. I tend not to get sick due to my overactive immune system. However, I would probably have a chat with your doctor and discuss your experience.

Take care,
    Jan
  4. leann_sweeney

leann_sweeney New Member

I don't know if it's the binding material, the coating, but even powders bother me. I seem to do okay with Barlean's Omega Twin, which is for the essential fatty acids. But I am allergic to citrus, so a vitamin C source for me is difficult to find.
  5. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hi Carlacat,
    I can only take 250 mg of Vitamin C daily. I used to take 1000 mg but that gave me painful esophagitis for 3 weeks. Many CFS/FM patients are sensitive to supplements and prescription drugs. Sometimes we can tolerate a small dose of the supplement but not a normal large dose. Maybe you are allergic/sensitive to Vitamin C.

Love, Jasmine
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have you tried 'Ester C'? that is the only kind I can take.

It is sold here at Pro Health, go to the 'Store' link and you can read about it.

By the way, be sure when you take any supplements/meds, that you do not lay down for at least a half hour. I found that stopped me from getting acid reflux so bad.

Also, be sure to drink water, it also helps digest meds/supplements.

Shalom, Shirl