Does anyone get this weird symptom?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by silky17, Mar 28, 2006.

1. silky17

silky17 New Member

Hi all,

Its been a while sice I was on. I hope everyone is doing good.

I was having this weird feeling again lie I had when I first got diagnosed. It feels like someone is squeezing my brain. I can litteraly feel it inside my skull. Like its being rung out klike a dish rag.

Any takers on this one?

Debbie
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

Does it last for just a few seconds?
  3. silky17

silky17 New Member

But usually accompanies a headache. I have a bad one today.Now its moving to my upper shoulders
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

I know what your talking about. It is kind of hard to describe though. I get that weird feeling sometimes. Don't really know what brings it on. It always catches me off guard.

Kriket
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Since it involves the brain, I think you should talk to your doctor about it.
  6. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"ll get those in my head and then they will go away .I think its muscle spams in our neck and shoulders. I know when i sleep I have neck spasm.s so bad the back of my neck goes numb and my ear lobs are numb.its kind of scary.but everything about this fibro is scary. Ihope you get feeling better. Sixtyslady
  7. babybella

babybella New Member

I'm having those symptoms and have a severe headache when it occurs. I NEVER even attributed it to FM. The doctor asks me how it feels and it's like a vice around my head.

Thanks,

Marilyn
  8. zion1971

zion1971 New Member

when i read the topic about "this weird symptom", i immediately knew you were going to say the brain squeeze!

i experienced this symptom for the first time after being ill for about 4 years. since i had never felt this sensation before, i actually thought i was having a stroke. i had a bad headache at work that entire day. i practically overdosed on medication. on the drive home, the squeezing began. i also found it hard to swallow.

i called my mom and told her i was on the way to the hospital. the doctor wrote it off as a panic attack. it took days for the sensation to end.

9. silky17

silky17 New Member

This disease never seizes to amaze me. Always something going on. The one fear I do have is thinking that its just another Fibro symptom and then to find out it wasn't.

One time I had a pain under my right rib cage bone and I was in tears by the time I got to the urgent care office. I silently cried as I sat there. It felt like an hour before I was seen and once I was in there it subsided. The you question yourself again and again.

I contemplate working again, when I have a good day. Then I am put right back in the place I started 2 yrs ago, sick as hell. You just can't even plan anything. Once you do then sickness comes upon me.

My headache is better today and I am going to try and get motivated. Bless you all.

Debbie