Does anyone get ulcers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by melksng, Nov 3, 2002.

1. melksng

melksng New Member

Hi everyone,
    Does anyone out there get mouth and throat ulcers? I have had this all of my life, they last for about a week and are extremely painful, sometimes i get about 6 or more at a time and cant eat any solid foods,I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem?
  2. melksng

melksng New Member

Hi everyone,
    Does anyone out there get mouth and throat ulcers? I have had this all of my life, they last for about a week and are extremely painful, sometimes i get about 6 or more at a time and cant eat any solid foods,I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem?
  3. glendamarie22

glendamarie22 New Member

I've had them since I was a baby - not sure if it's something to do with FM/CFS, or what. I've found that rinsing and gargling several times a day with an antiseptic mouthwash, like Listerine, helps more than anything. It numbs the pain and helps them to heal faster.

~Glenda
  4. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

I have had these for about 37 years at first they were
    in the mouth and throat, sometimes so bad that I just wanted to go to bed to get rid of the pain, they have changed over the years and I now get them on the side of my tongue. I believe it is to do with being deficient in vitamins which we all have. I realy do not know how to get rid of them, if you find out please let me know.
    best wishes
    Pat.
  5. Nikki

Nikki Member

quite literally. I've had them since high school. Just recently,I have found that taking L-Lysine 2/3x's/day and rinsing my mouth out w/Listerine 2/3xs/day helps. Diet supposedly plays a big role. Avoid spicy or acidic food and alcohol. I find that stress plays a huge role . . . good luck avoiding that trigger. Some think the development of canker sores is related to a reaction to one's own immune system. This all makes sense to me. Try doing a search on the internet under canker sores (aka aphthous ulcers). One of my sons also has this problem . . . he's had them since he was a baby (he's now 29).