does anyone get?....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amilyne, Feb 13, 2003.

1. amilyne

amilyne New Member

hi all i was wondering if anyone gets (this sounds gross) a peeling like rash in their armpits?...every now and then i get really itchy in one armpit, then it starts to peel i guess.. it is a kindof dark red ...this alternates side and usually only affects one side at a time... at first i thought that is was my deoderant that i use but im not so sure anymore as ive switched several times...when this happens it lasts about a week and a half and then goes away like nothing happened, anyone know what this might be from??...well thankyou in advance for answering.
    --ami
  2. lou2

lou2 New Member

This probably isn't much use.
    I think ihad a similar thing to you, my armpits were very itchy ans sore and lasted about a week or so. I also decided i was deoderant and switched. I haven't had it since though.....
    I'm sure it's to do wiht the body being over sensitive to everything. I occasionally get itchy lesg too, i know there has been posts about itchiness and the skin....another one of the ridiculous symtoms i think!!!
    take care x
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Deodorant after shaving or epilating your armpits. I got a staph infection from contaminated deodorant in my armpits which took two years to get rid of. Also, never shave prior to going into a hospital building as staph is in the air and can easily infect even the tiniest cut.

Love, Mikie
  4. amilyne

amilyne New Member

thanks mikie, i work in a maajor hospital and i am definatley around staph most days than not..now that i think about it it does seem to happen after i shave but i dont know...well thankyou bunches.
    --ami