Does anyone have a good chili recipie that doesn't use a seasoning mix?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teacher, Nov 2, 2008.

1. teacher

teacher New Member

I'd like to use either ground beef or ground turkey.

2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

This is a super easy Chili recipe, but I make it all the time and my family loves it. People ask if I'm going to make 'my chili'.
    Depending on whether you like more beef or more beans (or tomatoes) you can adjust.
    1-2 pounds ground beef
    1 onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced (I use the jarred) or even garlic powder
    2 tablespoons chili powder
    2 teaspoons dried oregano
    2 teaspoons cumin
    Pepper to taste
    2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (I used the different flavored with peppers etc.)
    1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 Large can Hot chili beans (don't drain or rinse)

Cook ground beef in skillet. Drain. Add all other ingredients in large pot. Add cooked ground beef. I'm more of a taster, than a recipe follower (rarely use a recipe), so add spices to taste.
    I've added a little shredded chedder cheese right to the pot before. You can also add green or red bell pepper. You can make this quickly or if you're like me, like to let it simmer on the stove for a couple of hours. If you're making a large batch for leftovers, I often use 2 cans of the hot chili beans - they also come in "not Hot flavor". If you do like your chili hot, use more chili powder. You can't screw it up. Add or delete what you like.

Top with fresh diced onion and chedder cheese and/or a dollop of sour cream and fresh bread.
  3. teacher

teacher New Member

This looks exactly like what I'm looking for.