does anyone have a memory foam mattress topper?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I have been considering getting one. We have a waveless waterbed with extra back support but I think the innards on my side are not supporting me like they used to. (we've had this for over 10 years.) Husband says the bed is fine, but then he doesn't spend as much time in there like I do though either--he is a couch slug instead.

So, if you have one does it help?
  2. Yes and I wouldn't be without it. however I don't have a waterbed, we had one yrs ago and HATED it. Get a good one, mine was around $100 at Sams about 6 yrs ago. now everyone makes them
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

And I love it....even my husband has said he sleeps better. I spent just over $100.00 buck for mine.

Deb
  4. MsE

MsE New Member

I have one and find it helpful. I have spots on my shoulders and hips that are very tender, and I don't sleep well--turn over a lot. The foam topper helps. I have a regular padded mattress, and the foam topper is additional. I don't know if it would work on a water bed or not.
  5. munch1958

munch1958 Member

My DH bought me the 2" but I wish I had the 3" one. We both LOVE the mattress topper.
  6. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I have one on my bed in my dorm room at school.

omg.

Everyone is always so amazed when I say my dorm bed is the most comfortable bed I have EVER slept on.

I have noticed over the years that any sort of bed that is squishy (while I love the feeling of them) leaves me in agony in the morning. Waterbeds especially. I loved the squishyness and I loved the sloshing sound of the water (I'd wiggle about a bit to have it make waves so I'd fall asleep) but ugh, the pain in the morning.

The dorm bed itself is really firm, but the foam topper adds just the right amount of comfort to not make it too hard for my body. I honestly sleep the best at my dorm, except for nights when the fraternity boys are out...Greek Row is right out my window, which happens to be open 24/7/362 (adding in for the past few days we had of <0F windchills)
  7. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

We have had one for two years now. Wouldn't do without it. I'd take it travelling if I could! My husband has severe arthritis in his knees and he even finds it helps so much.

We only have a 3" one but that 's all we seem to need
  8. Heyygirl

Heyygirl New Member

as long as you do not have reaction to the chemicals in the product you should be fine. I had to take mine back as the smell drove me out of the house.

Cheryl
  9. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I have one and LOVE it......
  10. gotdirt

gotdirt New Member

got a 3 inch mailed to me from overstock.com. for $150. i'm sure it would of cost over $300 anywhere else. love it. my hips are real tender and they wake me up. they say it is actually my back.. but this helped a lot!