Does anyone have a Sauna?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mastersinger, Jan 31, 2003.

1. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

My husband and I went to a Home Show last night. We ran across 2 gals selling saunas-toting how wonderful they are for FMand CFS-many good qualities-they looked very well made-all natural wood-takes out toxins.I have more info if any one wants to know more. We had been thinking about getting a hot tub,but need to get blood pressure down,and don't know if I want chemicals being thrown into my body. Found out yesterday, I have small air-way disease. I am on inhalers, but now I know for sure I need to stay on them. Feel like a mess and I have those jitery bugs crawling through my skin.HA We deal with what we have been dealt with-the very best way we know-Knowledge!! Cheers to a great week-end! Mastersinger (((gigantic soft hugs)))
  2. Geek

Geek New Member

My doctor recommended to use a sauna, but I have no access to one, and health club does not have one.

A book I bought called Pain Free in 6 Weeks by Dr. Shelly Rogers also promotes the use of sauna, specifically the FIR (far infrared) type. Says its great for FM and lots of other illnesses once the toxins are sweated out. Wish I could try it out! :(

3. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

With your acquired knowledge, would you purchase a hot tub or sauna, considering toxins,expense, and of course benefit??? Any experience. I know you have Mervii. Can they not refill your fillings with something other than silver? I know how I had a temporary crown on once and it nearly drove me bananas=had to go in and have it removed. You say, all your life you have been battling this-does that mean 20 years or more? less? The lady who showed us these saunas, said she felt tired at first too, but the more she used it twice a day for 40 min or so each, she built up where she definitely was seeing a difference. Who do you trust? She seems very honest. Thanks-Have a nice week-end! Mastersinger
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

They make me feel awful. I enjoy a hot tub as long as it's not too hot (over 103 degrees).

Love, Mikie
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

Over 25 years ago my then husband tried to get me to go in a sauna with him because he really enjoyed them. I went in for a minute or so and found I couldn't breathe so I promptly left. I may have tried a sauna one other time, with similar results.

Now I know why I don't tolerate them. It is because of dysautonomia which has caused my NMH, among other things. Many people with CFS or FM also have dysautonomia. It is one of my biggest problems.

I would never consider getting a sauna or hot tub, but I do wish I had opted for the jets in my Jacuzzi tub in my current home. I had was not having any health problems until a month or so after signing the contract on it. I had no idea what might be wrong with me until after I moved in.

Barbara
  6. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I can't tolerate saunas. My husband and I got suckered into buying one. The lady who sold it to us made a lot of bogus claims about how it would help my health, all total lies. I almost passed out when I went in. I gave the saleslady a piece of my mind, but we kept the sauna because my husband liked it.

Hippo
  7. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I thougt I read somewhere that we
    shouldn't stay in even a hot tub for
    more than 15 minutes at a time or it
    sets off the pain something or other
    (I like technical terms, lol!) later
    on. Also same with heating pads. Anyone else read this? Hugs, Bambi
  8. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

Sorry, I have never heard that. some people say the chemicals in the water, can be toxic to your system. also, not a great idea to stay in too long, because of blood pressure,dizziness,etc. They do feel wonderful!
  9. SCARLETT415

SCARLETT415 New Member

I have adult onset asthma which was diagnosed 4 years ago (I am almost 56). It is under control with the drug Singulair and I don't even need my inhalers unless the pollen is very bad. I used to belong to a health club prior to my diagnosis and I noticed that whenever I would go into the sauna, I immediately could not breathe. I tried this several times just to make sure it wasn't a one time deal. I would suggest you try one a couple times before you buy since you have an air-way disease. If not for the lung problem, I think the heat would feel great!!!

Hugs,
    Annette(3)
  10. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

Hi-thanks for your reply. I had adult set asthma also. I am 52 and was diagnosed 4 yrs. ago. I went into a nice sauna out to CO. I was getting a sinus-infection also at the time. I got very sick. I did stay in the sauna for awhile, but felt a little panicky. I don't have real good vibes with it-but thought if this could open my airway up I would give it a shot. thanks!! Mastersinger-Becky
  11. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

Hi-thanks for your reply. I had adult set asthma also. I am 52 and was diagnosed 4 yrs. ago. I went into a nice sauna out to CO. I was getting a sinus-infection also at the time. I got very sick. I did stay in the sauna for awhile, but felt a little panicky. I don't have real good vibes with it-but thought if this could open my airway up I would give it a shot. thanks!! Mastersinger-Becky
  12. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

13. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

14. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

We have a whirlpool jucuzzi, the only problem is, it is so deep sometimes it difficult to get in and out. But very refreshing when i can use it. ((((((((Gentle Hugs))))))) Reg
  15. mamafrey1

mamafrey1 New Member

I don't have a sauna but would love one. I do have a whirlpool bath though. I have for several years done the Epsom Salt in a hot bath to pull out toxins. Don't know if it really works, but i think i does for me. Hope this is helpful.
  16. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have been using the Epson Salts along with Peroxide for years in a bathtub. It is wonderful, great for a goodnights sleep.

All I would like is a larger bathtub, I would not want any chemicals as needed for hot tubs and saunas. I have chemical allergies, so would not chance that. Even swimming pools make my face swell up like a balloon.

Shalom, Shirl

17. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

My breathing keeps me out of them, I can however use a steam room and it opens my sinus up great. I am a member of the YMCA and they have both there. Well at first I used the sauna for all of about 2 minutes the dry heat just about killed me. Now when I go I use the steam room and it helps loosen all this congestion that I have and get the sweating benefits too.

hugs,
    Jeanna

ps. Its also great for my pores it opens everything up

[ advertisement ]