Does anyone have a tilted heart. (tilting toward worng direction)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emmally, Mar 16, 2009.

1. emmally

emmally New Member

I guess (I think) it is called LAD. They explained to me that it wasnt a problem and perhaps it was because I am tiny...hmmmm I am 5'8". So maybe he meant because I am skinny. Dropped almost 15 lbs when I started treatment...(a/v's, beta blocker)....So does anyone have a heart tilting wrong direction? Could this cause it not to work right? anyone???
  2. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Hi Emmally. I got this diagnosis about 15 years ago. I had never heard of it. I had asked for an EKG from my family doctor because I had continuous chest pain (this pain was later identified as my FM). When the reading came back my doc said that the electrical impulses (my words) in my heart were reversed and this was because my heart was lying sideways. About a month later an employee of mine was wearing a heart monitor and told me it was because SHE had just been diagnosed with the same condition.

I have had several EKGs since that time and they have been fine. When I have asked my other doctors about my past dx of this, they have just told me it wasn't that way now.

Well I know it didn't right itself. most likely I was misdiagnosed in the first place. When I went to a cardiologist about it (when I was first dx'd) he told me that this was a fairly common condition and that most people didn't know they had it. He also said it wouldn't have caused my chest pain.

I am short(5'2") but far from "skinny" so that's out. Did you have any symptoms? I don't think there is a "right" direction for a heart to tilt Emmally but I don't know. Like I said, I had been told it was not harmful.

Have you seen a cardiologist? It might help you feel better, get some more answers, and I hope more reassurance.

3. emmally

emmally New Member

Yes I have other heart problems. Nothing severe but I have SVT controlled by beta blocker, MVP, murmurs and constant abnormal ekg's showing partial artery blockage and all kinds of stuff. I have constant heart area chest pains and my heart always feels like it skips a beat. I only get scared because genetic type heart disease (not caused by bad diet or stuff like that) heavily runs in my family on both sides..Infact my father just had a massive heart attack. They cant even explain how he made it thru....I just feel like I am a ticking time bomb with my heart and I am only 30...
  4. Annette.H.

Annette.H. New Member

I was diagnosed with a tilted heart in my 20's when I went to see a cardiologist for palpitations. The problem cleared on its own and I don't remember any follow-up so I guess it wasn't a major medical concern. The only cardio problem I've ever had was a problem with stamina during exercise (which I still have). I fatigue quickly. I am thin and always have been so not exercising hasn't affected my weight. I also occasionally feel my heart "flutter", like it spasms. I just had another EKG and the reading was abnormal so I need to see a cardiologist again to clear me for thyroid surgery. The info I got in my 20's is vague so I'll try to post a follow-up after this upcoming visit.

My son was diagnosed with a bi-cuspid aortic valve when he was 10. I was told that it's usually genetic so I'm guessing he got it from me because my own heart is abnormal. I can't remember if my valve is normal but I'm guessing it is because doctors have never picked up the audible click that is heard with a bicuspid valve.

On another note, my OB/GYN told me that I have a tilted uterus so I am guessing these are birth defects that just can't be seen with the naked eye. They are minor enough to not interfere too much with their function.