Does anyone have a washer/dryer combo

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by larayne, Mar 9, 2006.

1. larayne

larayne New Member

I have FM and arthritis my legs are getting worse every day. Steps are very difficult for me. We own our home and my husband has Alzheimers and familiar with our home. Moving is out of the question. Steps are really hard for me. My washer and dryer is in the basement. My home is small but would have room in the kitchen by the counter for a washer/dryer combo that I saw advertised.

Has anyone here had one and do you like it. Do you have to hook it up to your sink or run pipes to it. and what about the drain. I ordered one then this came to mind so I put the order on hold until I found out more about it. I says it is Gov't approved for senior citizens units and also OSHA approved.

I would appreciate any info you all might have. Lara
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it hooks up to the sink in the kitchen...and there is a drain hose that needs to be watched when the machine is in rinse cycle...somtimes th ehose has fallen out of the sink and well on the floor..mess..

i know yu can go on walmart.com and they sell these and the w/d combo...they well ship it to your house door but you have to bring it in the home...although i did sweet talk the driver and he felt sorry for me for i had shoulder surgery like a couple of days before ...he dragged it up to the stairs and in my house..thank goodness for him...

jodie
  3. jana15

jana15 New Member

Hi Lara,

For exactly the same reasons I had a Meile combo installed in my kitchen and it changed my life! If I need to do any hand washing I use the kitchen sink. It's a wonderful machine and a fantastic arrangement.

We had our kitchen renovated at the same time so ours drains along with the sink and the dishwasher. It really depends on you kitchen and the type of machine you buy as to whether you need additional plumbing. I chose a Meile because of the long warranty and also the hot air from the dryer goes down the sink and not into the room.

Hope this helps

Cheers Jana

4. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

Lara,

We have a washer/dryer combo by LG. We researched considerably before we made the purchase to make sure the one we chose was the right size and had the functions that we wanted.

It is absolutely wonderful and we love it. You expend less energy because you don't have to move the clothes into the dryer to be dried. In our model the hot air is not vented out, so sometimes the clothes have a very slight damp feeling to them when they come out that quickly dissapates, but sometimes I do hang my clothes to let them dry. Perhaps if you get one that vents the air out, that won't happen.

As far as hook up is concerned, it really depends on the model that you get. But it is hooked up about the same way you would hook up a regular washer/dryer.

It is best to compare on the internet, to find the right size, voltage and functions that you want to fit your needs.

Good luck!

Jennifer
  5. larayne

larayne New Member

I want to thank you all for the info. you sent. It is so overwelming for me to have to make all the decisions since DH has gotten Alzheimers. What would I do without my computer friends. I can ask friends and family how and why on things and get the answer.... you must make the decision. On this board I always get good advice because all seem to know exactly the problem and how they solved it. Again Thankyou Lara