Does anyone have advice for chilling at night that keeps me from

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jjoys, Mar 7, 2003.

1. jjoys

jjoys New Member

falling asleep? Sometimes at night I've pushed way past my limit and I start shivering, and it might last up to an hour. I thinkg itmakes my exhuastion worse the next day, and it sure doesn't help me husband's and my love life. :)
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You need a wireless mattress heating pad. It is a gentle heat, but keeps you from getting chilled, plus its great for the pain and the morning stiffness.

They can be bought at Penny's, Sear's, and Spiegel's. Also some have found tham at Wal-Mart and other stores too.

I think someone also said they 'improved' their lovelife!

Hope this helps, I could not live without mine!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Putting a row of heating pads under my body from top to bottom did not help, so I look forward to hearing whether the electric mattress pad helps you.
    Chills sometimes keep me awake most of the night. Last night it was burning instead, and I got about 1 hr. of sleep. I am still burning and have all the windows open, though the temp is normally one where I couldn't stand it.
    Isn't this DD fun.
    Klutzo
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I agree with Sheryls great suggestion. The heated mattress pad helps so much for the pain. You`ll love it. Also, its great when you have a fever and the chills. My husband recently had the flu and a fever and he loved having the mattress pad keep him warm till his chills subsided.
  5. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Hi, I could not use the heated mattress pad as I have a foam egg crate pad & a double filled mattress pad on my bed (it is extra firm mattress that was a gift & was VERY firm-too firm for me), so I bought an electric blanket. I find if I turn my blanket on low while I am doing my get-ready-for-bed routine that I am nice & toasty when I climb in bed. Then I can decide what setting to put it on or even turn it off (I get hot in the middle of the night usually). This helps alot even if I can't sleep.
    Take care,
    ***Pixie***
  6. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

for some reason for me if I wear socks at night and especially to bed it really helps. I wear my nice heavy cashmere ones and it does seem like the heavier the better, the other thing you might try is a nice soft fuzzy knit hat. I get "chilled to the bone" as I refer to it in my evening whining session, it feels like my legs and feet just feel really cold inside, like in the bone.

Good luck.

Jaci