Does anyone have all of these symptoms?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mother of three, May 31, 2003.

1. mother of three

mother of three New Member

Hi Everyone - I am new to the board, but have been reading messages for a few weeks. It is really encouraging to see so many different people relate. It helps me not to feel so alone. Anyway, I am 39 years old and live Upstate NY. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia after the birth of my daughter two years ago. It started with fatigue and back pain. I have had all types of tests and tried various combinations of drugs, chinese meds, acupuncture, and PT. Unfortunately, day by day I get worse. I am now having dizzy spells where I get so tired I sweat, shake, and faint briefly. I also have been having excruciating headaches that medicine will not help. The headaches can last for 3-4 days. I also get so tired that I literally have to crawl sometimes and cannot even walk from the car to my house. I also am always hot and have night sweats. This is also coupled by being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and stomach acid. Every day I get worse and worse. I am afraid that I will end up totally disabled !! I had to leave my full time job and now work part time. I was wondering if any of these symptoms happen to anyone else. Sorry the message is so long!! I am desperate at this point. Thanks so much for your help.
  2. JannyW

JannyW New Member

I'm sure that there are people on this board who have at least some of the symptoms you list. Are you seeing a rheumatologist? What kind(s) of meds are you on? If you're getting worse, you probably should see the doc again.

You could, in fact, become completely disabled ... I came out of work one year ago, and am worse now than I was then. My doctors have declared me disabled; now we're just waiting for SSA to catch up with them!

Do you have disability benefits through your job? You may want to look into it ... it might be better than trying to work part-time & juggle child care & housework.

Hang in there!
    Jan ^v^
    [This Message was Edited on 06/01/2003]
  3. athome

athome New Member

yes. Unfortunately, I HAVE HAD ALL THESE SYMPTOMS ALL AT ONCE, Many TIMES SINCE 1990, WHEN I SPENT ONTHS IN BED AFTER TOTALLY COLLAPSING AT WORK.

DO YOU HAVE A GOOD INTERNIST? MY PEDIATRICIAN FRIEND RECOMMENDED A YOUNG INTERNIST TO ME, WHOSE MISSION IS TO TREAT THE POOR AND THOSE UNABLE TO AFFORD CARE. BOTH THESE DR'S ARE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISTS. I HAVE FOUND DR'S FROM THAT FAITH TO BE THE MOST SUPPORTIVE AND CARING ANYWHERE.

A HORRIBLE TASTING BUT VERY HELPFUL SUPPLEMENT THAT KEPT ME ABLE TO BE ON MY FEET WHEN NECESSARY, WAS DESSICATED LIVER.

IT'S A POWDERED LIVER AVAILABLE IN HEALTH FOOD STORES. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THE TABLETS.IT TAKES AN AVERAGE OF 90 OF THEM TO EQUAL 1 TABLESPOON OF THE POWDER.

THE CHEAPEST I'VE FOUND IS "NOW" BRAND, A COMPANY DEDICATED TO NOT SPENDING TOO MUCH ON PACKAGING.

ALSO, DON'T WASTE ALL THE TIME I DD TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE TAKING IT PALATABLE BY MIXING WITH JUICE. I TRIED THAT FOR YEARS! NOTHING DISGUISES THE TASTE!

JUST STIR IT INTO COLD WATER, THE COLDER THE BETTER, AND DRINK IT DOWN FAST WITHOUT TASTING, SORT OF LIKE YOU DO WHEN HOLDING YOUR NOSE TO GET SOMETHING DOWN.

THIS STUFF IS MY MAGIC WAND. HOPE YOU CAN DO IT.

THESE SYMPTOMS LEFT ME COMPLETELY DISABLED, ACCORDING TO SOCIAL SECURITY. THE REASON THO, WAS SUICIDAL DEPRESSION, WHICH IS OK BY ME BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT ALL THESE RESTRICTIONS AND PAINFUL SYMPTOMS LEFT ME WITH.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. NANA
  4. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I have had this 16 years and I still work full time because I am single and have to. so I want you to know that some of us do still work. Some people do get better. I have not.

The symptoms sound familiar. I am 45,

I know it is a concern being a mom and being ill. My mom has CFS/FMS all my life and wasnt' able to go out and do things with me. I love her more than life and would not trade her. She played with us on the bed or couch and always was a calm, guiding force in our life.

I am praying for you and your family.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/01/2003]
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

Welcome!Glad to see you've found us,we all have so much in common.its nice to see and speak to others with much of the same going on~I guess for reaassurance~ I've had all of your symptoms and still have many~ The night sweats,shakiness,dizzy,weakness,tiredness and massive body pain! I run in spurts with the headaches too.Sometimes(like you)I can have headaches everyday off&on for 5 days in a row!!My Dr. is calling them muscle contraction headaches~ I get a pill called fiorecet for them.It does help alot~After a bout with those headaches....I feel soooooo worn out for days!!its like they're taking the life energy right out of me. Are you in the care of a Rhuematologist? I see one every other month~ I take elavil to help me get some sleep at night,and a muscle relaxer and Darvecet for pain as needed.
    I'm glad to see you're close by!!! I'm in upstate NY also!! and I could of gotten by using your mane too!!!I'm a mom of 3 too!!LOL Where about are you?I'm in Rome.I go to Oneida for my Drs... small world huh? Have you about had it yet with the rain here?! Its been something like 12 days now!or it sure seems~ Best of luck to you.These DD are so hard when you still have children to care for!!! Mine are ages 6,10 and 22. The two small ones are a challenge thats for sure!! I'm lucky they're pretty well behaved kids,and help me alot~ BTW.....I had to stop working a few yrs ago due to my illnesses. I'd like to try part time,I think? Take care...hope to hear more from you!!
    Warm regards,
    Tracey
  6. Mumu

Mumu New Member

I have had all of those symptoms too in the past. Most of them are better now. The fact that it started after the birth of your daughter makes me think that it might be a yeast problem, caused by antibiotics that were given to you in the hospital. If you do a search for Candidiasis on the internet, you will find multiple sites that list symptoms. If you can get your doctor to prescribe some Diflucan, one tablet a week for a couple of months, it might help. If it's not yeast, another possibility is that your back was thrown out of alignment either during pregnancy or during childbirth. Spinal misalignment can affect all parts of your body. A few trips to a good chiropractor might help. I hope you find the answers. They ARE out there, so don't give up trying.
  7. RedB

RedB New Member

During all that testing, did you get tested for thyroid disease? And hypoglycemia?

Also, there are some posts here that talk about very good medicines for headaches. A search may help you find them, or perhaps someone will answer here on this one who may be able to help.

You might even be starting menopause early, (ugh!), so you should get hormone testing done.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
    Kathy