Does anyone have an issue with trust

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by tlayne, Jun 14, 2006.

1. tlayne

tlayne Member

and do you think it effects your relationship with God? The reason why I am asking is that I started reading, "God will make a way", and I am pondering the TRUST issue in my own spiritual life.

I know that there is a learning and growing in Christ issue here for me. I am meditating on Trust, I also know that when I do get it that it will be profound and significant in my spiritual walk.

So far I am thinking about the fact that... TRUST in this earthly life is conflicting to my TRUST in GOD. Does this make any sense to anyone? Does anyone have any input? Thanks for any input or thoughts! HUGs Tam
  2. caffey

caffey New Member

hi there. What you are feeling is quite normal. I have heard from different people and authors that how we relate to our earthly fathers is how we tend to relate to God. For example if your father was not interested in you or what you had to say you think God is the same way. It is a faith journey reading your Bible and seeing who God really is and then choosing to believe it. It is a journey but well worth it. God won't let you down or disappoint you. Do you have someone, a pastor, counsellor or good friend you can talk to as this journey may bring up some issues with your father. You are doing great.
    Cath
  3. tlayne

tlayne Member

Thank you for responding! I read your profile, what an amazing person that you are!!!! To be a Pastor & and a nurse!! I LONG to minister thru my nursing! The great thing is that I feel that I am finally in a place with my "just recent" job that I can do this & not leave feeling guilty (too many pt.s /nurse ratio)!

About my earthly Father....I had the best!!! He died in 1991 from pancreatic cancer ( I miss him ). He wasn't my bio dad, but I feel blessed to have had him. My bio dad tries really hard to have a relationship with me now. I have no hard feelings or any regrets with him, and I try hard to accept him.

I think my trust issues come from the fact that I am very independant. I am and have always been the "care giver". I was always very trusting in my younger years, but through some very tough situations I learned to only depend on myself.

Maybe this trust issue is more of a surrendering???? But then part of me feels like that at the end of this jouney I will find a new whole new meaning of the word...TRUST. At least from how I now see it. Hugs, Tam
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

Interesting thought of it being surrendering. Trust in someone to me means they have your best interests at heart and wouldn't knowingly do anything that will hurt you. So I guess it is a surrender of what we think to trust them. I don't know if I make sense. Anyway you are on an exciting journey. Surrendering is hard because we as nurses always look after everbody else and we have to be in control. Remember if you don't take care of yourself you can't take care of anybody else. It is a journey and enjoy. The revelation will be worth it. Don't give up on your dream of ministering thru your nursing. There are many creative ways that you can do it without getting into trouble.
    Cath
    [This Message was Edited on 06/14/2006]
  5. tlayne

tlayne Member

Hi Guys!!

When I was a child I was so innocent, as we all were! Thru my life I have had some surreal experiences...raped at thirteen, stalked at ninteen, kidnapped at twentyone (long story, but I actually felt the holy spirit enter my body, which gave me an awesome peace), had a serial killer stalk me at twentyfive( the FBI were watching my every move, they were the ones that told me I was being stalked). I promise all this happened. I know that it sounds unbelieveable, but it is true. All this and a hard childhood, a abusive ex-marriage, not to mention all the other hurts that people go thru.

I was thinking about how trust is a major factor in our relationship with the Lord. Knowing this, it would only be common sense that "the enemy" would do everything he could to take our worldly trust here on earth and do everything in his power warp our sence of "trust". In return it would effect our trust/relationship with the Lord.

I am finding that it is freeing to know that I do not have to have trust in anyone else, because if I trust in God and him alone he will direct my path. PS 37: and Proverbs 3:5-6 and 1 Chr 28:9 !!!!

Thank you for sharing this journey with me, and for praying!! I am still seeking! Any more ideas or feedback?

Caffey, I do pray for and with my patients. I do not worry about getting in trouble. So far I haven't, but even if I do I won't stop! Love, Tam

6. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Remember the bible says "faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of God"..........

I'm also one who doesn't trust people very much because I've been burned quite a bit by their vicious lying, and unfortunately, some of them were Christians....but I know nobody is perfect, except our Father in heaven....so I completely trust and obey Him...

And of course Jesus was perfect!! As we grow in Christ, and seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteouness, we will learn to trust more and more...Take care and God Bless!!
  7. tlayne

tlayne Member

It is so nice to see a male on this worship board!! There might be others, but since I am new here, I just don't know it.

Life sure does beat you up sometimes. It is a good thing that we have hope in Christ! I hope to hear from you again. Love, tam