Does anyone have any or all of these problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stressed_out, Feb 23, 2007.

1. stressed_out

stressed_out New Member

well, i have a high wbc,enlarge liver,enlarge lymph nodes,fever.and all the doctor tells me it is cause by stress. Thanks for any suggestions.god bless
  2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I go thru them myself. Dr. today is usually Dr. tommorow if he can't help me and stressed_out, you need some help.
  3. stressed_out

stressed_out New Member

Thanks, for your support
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

What is your diet like exactly and are you taking any drugs or supplements?

karen
  5. stressed_out

stressed_out New Member

I eat just about anything,i take noni juice and as far a meds, im on trazodone,and valiums...
    [This Message was Edited on 02/24/2007]
  6. woohooo

woohooo New Member

I have a faint recollection that valium is broken down in the liver, hence your high liver enzymes.
    Any of the meds that pass through the liver create toxicity. Over time it takes a toll on the liver and it is not able to do its job as good as before.
    I take a milk thistle supplement, it cleanses the liver.
  7. Catseye

Catseye Member

Okay, time for major diet change! Nobody likes to hear this, especially when they're feeling bad and one of their only sources of pleasure is food. But look at it this way, the food you're eating is great for mouth and tummy for 5 minutes, then you pay for it for days with misery.

I ate whatever I wanted until I became ill with cfs. Then, I all of a sudden had developed food intolerances to things I had been eating all my life. Like wheat and dairy and citrus fruits. Wheat and dairy are not particularly nutritious and then they cause all kinds of problems for an already not-so-healthy body. It's a big deal to give them up because all the cheap food has wheat in it. And most people like cereal and milk.

If I were you, I would stop all wheat and dairy, they are a main source of trouble for digestion and the liver. When you give them up, you are automatically giving up 90% of the junk food out there. That means no cereal, pasta, crackers, cookies, bread, ice cream, cheese, yogurt or Campbells Cream of Crap soups. So what do you eat? Easy: lots 'n lots of vegetables. Also brown rice and beans, turkey, chicken and fish.

But mostly, you have to learn to eat veggies. If you hate them, make them taste good. Boil them in chicken broth with lots of onions, garlic and different colored peppers. And cut them up small. I do broccoli, cauliflower, oniong, garlic, peppers, carrots and zucchini everyday. Make a big pot and eat out of it for a few days. I eat about 4-5 bowls of it everyday. When I first started eating it, I made faces for 2 weeks. Then your body realizes it's good and makes it less horrid for you.

This will reduce the load on your liver. The worst things you can eat for your liver everyday is too much fat and too much protein. You don't need alot of either. And eat every couple of hours or so, don't wait until you're hungry and eat alot at one time. Just small servings all day long. And some fruit, too. I eat apples and grapes.

Get a good vitamin and mineral supplement from the health food store, don't run to the grocery and buy Centrum. One of the most important things you need is magnesium and they use magnesium oxide, a cheap form used for laxatives because it passes right through you. You want mag glycinate, taurate or malate or a chelated form. And a good vitamin B complex, too.

This is a big start, I know, but it should help with the liver and stress on your body. It sounds like you're just basically starved for nutrition like the rest of us have been at one time or other. And woohooos suggestion of milk thistle is good, too. I've been taking it everyday. SAMe is also very good for the liver.

good luck, keep reading!

karen
  8. ILM

ILM New Member

congestive heart failure can cause enlarged liver, it was the first sign my son showed when he went into CHF.
    I hope the dr did a chest xray or echo before dismissing all that to stress.

I'm no MD but I find it laughable that an enlarged lived would be attributed to stress.
  9. stressed_out

stressed_out New Member

your right!i do need to change my diet.is lymph node enlargement do to stress and high white blood count.im just afraid thier missing something.i live in a very small town and not to many doctors here, and not up to date on anything here. THANKS,