does anyone have bacteria overgrowth constipation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crow61, Apr 18, 2006.

1. crow61

crow61 New Member

For the last 8 months I have put on about 8lbs, had severe constipation, abdominal bloating/pain. After a colonoscopy and hydrogen breath test I was advised I had a high overgrowth of bacteria in small intestine. Was put on Zelnorm for constipation & rifaximin (antibiotic). Zelnorm did not work, even after increasing. Drink citracel, prune juice, lots of water, fruit, fiber cereal--can't seem to get thinks moving. I have had fibro for past 7yrs. Take lots of meds which never made me this constip. any help would be appreciated.
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

crow61:

I have IBS-C and the doctor prescribes Lactulose Syrup in a large dose. It works, but you have to be very careful in the timing of the dosing. I messed up royally if you read my post today 'What a mess I've got'.

nyrofan
  4. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I, too, have had to use this at times but also had an "accident" like Nyrofan.

If you try it, try a low dose first and if that doesn't work, the next day try a bit more and so on until you get a result!

I do find it gives me bad wind and cramps though so can't take it much. Constipation not too bad at the moment tho'

Good luck,

Love Bunchy xxx
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Ask your Doctor about 'Natural Calm' by Natural Vitality, its Magnesium Citrate. Comes in a powder form, put a heaping teaspoon in hot water (eight ounce glass), when it stops fizzing, then drink it. If the teaspoon does not get you 'moving', then try more.

Its a miracle for constipation!

You can get it in a health food store, or online.

HOpe this helps...........

Shalom, Shirl
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and advised to do it in the morning when i wake up...but i do it wheni remember...i just took mine now w/water...

jodie

oh he had advised tot ake stool softner when i go on vacation...

7. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I have also tried all the fiber formula drinks out there and all caused just more bloating. My doc prescibed Miralax, which did the same thing.

I have finally found relieve with Senekot and Colace - per my docs recommendation. He wanted me to use name brand - I use the cheap stuff and it works fine.