Does anyone have burning sensation on their skin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by valleyann, Feb 19, 2007.

1. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello,

I hope everyone is having a good, pain free day...I was curious to see how many people have the "burning sensation" on their skin? Also, where do you get it? And what does it feel like to you?

I myself have this...last night I had it on my right leg, it started behind my kneecap and got worse (spreading to my whole leg). It feels as though someone poured acid on my skin(or lit it on fire)and is a constant pain, not stabbing, but constant aching/nagging terrible pain. It usually lasts for a day.

Then this morning I have it on my left hand...it has started on my fingers, and who knows where it will go next! ahh! (same pain as usual, acid/fire)

I also have had this same pain, on my right hand/arm, right shoulder, and left leg.

Does anyone know is this from FM? I've often wondered if it was from something else, like RSD, but after seeing that video of Prickles on RSD, I don't have any swelling and it's not everyday, I'm not so sure about RSD. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to your responses.

Val
  2. ask2266

ask2266 Member

I get a burning sensation on the tops of my arms, my nose and cheeks. But it feels like someone rubbed bengay on them or something. the pain is not super severe. i have cfids.
  3. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

My CFS relapse started with burning on my arms like a bad sunburn. It then went across my back, shoulder, neck, face, and ears, and scalp.

This is caused by a virus. I had peripheral neurapathy. When the virus clears up, so does the burning.

It has subsided a bit for me, but when stressed or sick, it comes out again.

Kill the virus.

CherylSue
  4. myjoy

myjoy New Member

I have that burning skin thing on the side of my palms, sometimes. Also, my left forearm (underside). I've always wondered what this was from.

Wish I had an answer for you.
    myjoy
  5. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

First, to ValleyAnn -- yes, I feel your pain (bad joke). I have so much trouble with burning pain and many other sorts of nerve pain. One of the first symptoms I had and vexes me to this day.

CherylSue -- please do tell more about your viral theory. I always thought a lot of mine was viral. Long story why. Anyway during a really bad flare of this all across my sacral dermatome I decided to test my theory. I took 3000 Valtrex for eight days. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE DOING THIS. However, it worked!

Please do share with us how you come to this viral conclusion. I am fascinated.

Thank you.
  6. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

My CFS doctor in Chicago told me it was the virus. My CFS began with burning skin and a high fever.

It is probably, I think, one of the viruses in the herpes family - Epstein Barr, CMV, or HHV-6. Although I've never been tested, based on symptoms, my doc thinks it is HHV6.

Kill the virus. Get better. Presently, I'm on Nexavir gel.

Hope this helps.

CherylSue

7. lease79

lease79 New Member

I get the burning sensation all over. And like you it moves around my body.

I will say to Jace that I think that I've somehow gotten sunburnt, but he will check me over & there's nothihng.

Another thing that drives me mad is the itching. Itching inside my skin, not on the surface of it & this goes all over too.
  8. natesmommie1

natesmommie1 New Member

I have burning sensations on my feet,arms shoulders and hips etc
    Bernadette