does anyone have family members who also have fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by franners, Jun 25, 2003.

1. franners

franners New Member

I was wandering because my mother has the same symptoms and has for years.
  2. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

YES! My sister has it, we think our brother has it. My children are exhibiting some symptoms of it also. : ( Not a great thing to pass down thru the family.
    H
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My Mother had FMS, I have FMS/CFIDS, and both my daughters have FMS.

Love, Mikie
  4. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

My mom has it, I have it, and I think my brother has a predisposition to it. When he comes back from Iraq, I think it will probably kick in hard and heavy.
  5. BethM

BethM New Member

My mother and one of my 2 sisters has it. I suspect my younger son also has tendencies toward FMS, but for now is young and healthy, thank G-d. We've wondered how my other sister escaped.

Beth.
  6. klarry

klarry New Member

I have a double whammy. Although all are now dead, I had two aunts (one paternal, the other maternal) who exhibited all the classic signs of FM. One aunt somewhat unusually recovered late in life after her husband's death. I never did understand that. The other aunt was divorced, and basically spent the latter years of her life an invalid. I also had a grandmother who complained of "lumbago". I now believe she had fibromyalgia. And when I look at my own life, I see that I was always having "growing pains" as a child. Then, at l6, I was rear ended by a drunk driver. I was lucky to get out with merely bruises (my car was parked on the side of a residential street as I let out a friend) but I think that this is when my FM started to kick in. I'm much older now, and with age has come stress. That is a big factor in all of this, or at least how we handle stress. Anyone Agree?
  7. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

my sister has it for sure and I suspect my other sister may as well.

Annette
  8. nacl4y

nacl4y New Member

My mother has FMS as well - diagnosed about a year after me, and my aunt was also recently diagnosed. No one else with CFS though.

Shannon L.
  9. kgg

kgg New Member

Most of my family. But I'm the only one diagnosed.
  10. jka

jka New Member

i have a cousin who has it.my aunt has cfs.and my other cousin has had awful problems with her thyroid.we thopught mmy daughter had fibro-but it was just side effects from birth control pills.

kathy c
  11. Nowheregirl16171

Nowheregirl16171 New Member

My mom has FM. For years I had the symptoms. Untill about 1 month ago, I had symptoms but no diagnosis. Now I am diagnosed and no better off, in my mind.
  12. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Great-grandmother, grandmother and mother...Go figure..LOL
  13. catnip51

catnip51 New Member

My mom had back then in the 50's called Collagen disease which led to Kidney dialysis. My uncle, Lupus, My aunt rheumatoid arthritis, my other aunt, mysema gravis (muscle disease) My mom's 1st cousin. Lou Garrtet disease. When my doc read that he said you have quite a number of autoimmune. I told him I didn't stand a chance. I think my two daughters have it also but not diaganosed they complain just like I did when I was young. So hereditary? I'd say yeah for sure...

Cathie
  14. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Me, my sister and now I think my 32 y/o daughter, sigh!!!
  15. nickname

nickname New Member

.....one sister has fibro, and I have severe ME (CFS). Autoimmune diseases run in extended family - just about everyone has diabetes (including others sister) some have arthritis, most with hayfever, ezcema and asthma. Both my two sisters, my mum and I all have neck problems - spondylitis, curvature of spine, misaligned spine - all that type of thing - my son has inherited this skeletal problem too - he is very lop sided.
    Best wishes
    nickname
    [This Message was Edited on 06/25/2003]
  16. KayL

KayL New Member

My mom has it and my cousin (actually my mom's 1st cousin) has it. And now that I know what I do about it, I believe my grandmother (my mom's mother) had it when she was alive.
    My youngest sister is starting to exhibit symptoms too.

Karen
  17. Myth

Myth New Member

My father has it, and an aunt on that side. I have an aunt on the other side with CFS.
  18. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Yes, I have 2 cousins with CFIDS/FIBRO. I also think my mother had it, but she was not diagnosed before she died.
    Love,
    Adl