Does anyone have foul order in personal area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Apr 4, 2006.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I try so hard to defeat this but don't know how. i now wear a mini-pad for an occasional discharge - not sure where it is from but THINK it is bladder.

It's painful to urinate off and on. I keep very clean, maybe too much. Makes me mad.

Right now it is hard toi get toi my Dr. I go with hubby EVERY day for a 100 mi. round trip for his IMRT radiation for prostate cancer. We eat, then come home and it is too late to go thr 17 mi.j to get in to see myi Dr.

Please give me your ideas. I need them now. i am tired enough as it is without this.

Gentle Hugs

Joan
  2. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

Just to let you know I cant wear any type of panty liner.

I get horrible infections and they have no scent or anything.

SO that Might be giving you the problems fromm the acidy
    build up on the pads from the urine.
  3. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Any kind of soap with perfume in it will give me a yeast infection in three seconds flat. Even Dove sensitive skin is too harsh.

However, for me, "just water" is not acceptable.

"Summer's Eve Feminine Wash - Sensitive Skin" is the only "crotch wash" I can use without getting an infection.

I've been using it for about 5 years now. I've also found that Always unscented pantiliners are the only ones breathable enough that I can use without a problem. Vulvovaginologists recommend NO PADS but I need a little liner.

Runny but somewhat thick cottage cheese discharge is usually yeast. Runny, thin and fishy smelling discharge is usually bacterial vaginosis.

Also, wash anything that you put on the bottom area (underpants, jeans, etc.) in a dye-free, perfume free detergent (All Free and Clear) no fabric softener and double rinse the undies. Ideal undies are plain old boring 100% white cotton panties. I did find decent bikinis in a white 95% cotton/5% lycra that I can wear without adverse affects.

And again, don't forget about treating the hubby if you are diagnosed with an infection. Men can be "silent carriers" and you can get reinfected just by having intercourse.

Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  4. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

One more thing...I soak my undies in a bleach b4 I wash them. its kills whatever is living in the cloth.