Does anyone have heart irregularities like this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Achy-shaky, May 10, 2003.

1. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I have FM/CFS and have had heart irregularies for a few years but doctors says its nothing to worry about. However, lately I have been waking at night and could swear my heart stops or skips more than a beat, then I'll get a weird feeling all over, like a tingling & then I need to cough. It's not like palpitations or racing heart which I used to get but just the opposite. When I sit up for a while it passes. Could this be a side effect of Klonopin? Does anyone else get this? I do plan on getting it checked out soon but was wondering if anyone has any idea what this could be.

Thanks!
    Blessings to all
    Shaky
  2. kezza_nottm

kezza_nottm New Member

I used to suffer from this a couple of years ago, i was extremely petrified but it turned out to be nothing serious. Most people suffer from this but dont notice it. Could the weird feelings be caused by anxiety that is what used to happen to me.

kezza
  3. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

worries me. I had a small,(if any of them can be called small) heart attck 2 years ago. The docs had never found anything wrong with my heart, yet there it was. A self healing ischemia, which showed up on an x-ray for something else.
    The doctor that wrote the report said it was an ischemia, but my doctor never read the report! My god! The only way I found out is by reading my own records, 2 years later.
    Anyhow, go get your heart checked. If nothing is wrong then it will put your mind at ease. Hope it's ok, N
  4. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

Thanks for the replies. I don't think it's anxiety because I only get anxious when I start to feel the irregularities, not before.
    Nancy - Your story is unbelievable! But then again it isn't the way doctors seem to ignor us just because we have FM - but to actually have a heart attack and it not be treated at the time is just too much & very scary. Were you coughing too? What other symptoms did you have?
  5. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

This has been happening to me for long time,no stress invovled. When I lie down is when it normally happens. Could be what they call mvp regurgitation or mvps. You should get a echo cardiogram and wear a holter moniter for at least 24 hrs. Base line ecg. I actually hit my chest hard one night and felt a huge bla-bum, not so easy to but in words. Oh well, did you say you can`t hear me?lol I`m still here, not quite sure if that is good or bad???lol
    Been not too well lately. Take Care--Get Checked
  6. darlamk

darlamk New Member

could it be reflux or esophageal spasms? When I first had symptoms it was at night, laying down, I felt my heart beating irregularly (checked my pulse & it was irregular)and had no heartburn but had to cough. You should definately rule out any cardiac problems for sure but maybe it is the reflux or spasms. I am on Protonix bid and it has eliminated my symptoms. Good luck & keep us posted!
    Darla
  7. srr72143

srr72143 New Member

I had a sleep study done 2 days ago. I wake up with the same feeling. Already seen the cardiolgist, nothing serious.
    Will let you know if they say that I have sleep apena and thats causing the skipped beats and funny feeling.
  8. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

I have been having similar weird symtoms for over 3 weeks. It has happened about 5 times. I feel my heart is beating too fast and then it just seem to miss a beat. I get weird tingling feeling, and sort of hot flushes but then feel so cold. I get sort of sinking feeling in the heart, a bit like when you go fast down the lift. I feel I am going to pass out.I had a really bad allergic reaction few weeks ago, when my whole body got really hot and swollen. My blood preassure dropped really low and my body was shaking all over. I got treated for it quickly in the A&E. Now it is that flushy and tingling, burning feeling I get, but not as severe and no apparent swelling. It has happened in the daytime as well when I lay down. I have got quite scared and then I sit up or walk and feel better. It seems a bit like an anxiety atack, but I have never had them before.I also went to the doctor with chest pains. She checked my pulse and blood pressure and said it was fine. She thought I may have had acid reflux due to all the painkillers I had been taking. The chest pains have gone down now. I may be having these symptoms due to the dioxychlor/sulfoxime infusions I have been having for the mycoplasma infections. There is not much literature about for this treatment. I did expect some die off reaction, but did not expect it to last 2 weeks after the treatment. My usual other symptoms are fatigue, aches and pains in whole body and bad headaches and cough which I can understand.I do feel I should get my heart checked out, but there just seems to be so many other things on the list first. Also I think my blood pressure is a bit erratic, usually it is low, but lots of times its high as well. Please let us know how you get on. Good luck

Satin
  9. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

I did read where it could give you palpitations and shortness of breath, but nothing like what you describe.

This weird feeling - Is it like the all-over feeling you have when you are suddenly startled and then you wind down and start to feel relieved? I get this, that's why I ask, but I don't know what causes it.

Lane