Does anyone have Hyperflexive joint disease

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladydi, Nov 23, 2002.

1. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Hi all,
    I did a search here for hyperflexive joint disease. I didn't find anything. Just wondering if anyone's Rheummy
    has told them they have it?
    This, I understand causes the cartlige in the joints to be very loose. Therefore causing more pressure on the knees, hips, ect.
    Also, to my understanding it is the first stage of osteoarthritis. I don't know. I have a complete Nerd for
    a Rhematologist.

Thanks for any info.
    LadyDi
  2. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Hi all,
    I did a search here for hyperflexive joint disease. I didn't find anything. Just wondering if anyone's Rheummy
    has told them they have it?
    This, I understand causes the cartlige in the joints to be very loose. Therefore causing more pressure on the knees, hips, ect.
    Also, to my understanding it is the first stage of osteoarthritis. I don't know. I have a complete Nerd for
    a Rhematologist.

Thanks for any info.
    LadyDi
  3. Teresa6868

Teresa6868 New Member

Hi, I have what is called Hypermobile joints. I don't know if this is the same thing or not. It's being able to hyperextend your joints with little effort. Hope this helps.

Teresa
  4. ephemera

ephemera New Member

There are several of web sites for hypermobility in North America, European countries & Australasia. A google search will come up with numerous sites with the word hypermobility. There are newsletters, support groups & listserves for info.

There's also been some discussion here on hypermobllity & Ehlers Danlos syndrome.

best thoughts.
  5. Roxi

Roxi New Member

and then the osteoarthritis set in, so case in point! My son has been hyperflexive since birth and hurts himself when he overdoes. Hope every day I didn't pass him this DD! Always amazes me when a Rheumy doesn't have a clue!
  6. sybil

sybil New Member

and osteoarthritis in my left hip and thoracic spine.
    when i was younger and even now to a certain extent,i could bend my body all over the place.most of my joints are hypermobile,even my fingers.my rheumy said that people with this condition are far more likely to develop FMS, which i have,

sybilxxx

[ advertisement ]