Does anyone have kids with chronic low white counts?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gvmeabrk, Nov 27, 2005.

1. gvmeabrk

gvmeabrk New Member

Hello everyone,I was curious as to if anyone else has children with any medical complications especially chronic low white counts?I have had 4 miscarriages and don't think I would have carried my daughter but I pretty much stayed in bed the first 4 months of pregnancy.My daughter has been coming down with many scarry diseases and 2 years ago was diagnosed with chronic low white count.She has seen several doctors and none can pin point her cause.She complains of her joints hurting but is a very athletic type.I was diagnosed with fibro 12 yrs ago, and she is now 13.I would appreciate anyone coming forward with knowledge regarding this topic.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/27/2005]
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

My daughter was diagnosed with Fibro when she was a teen. Saw a Rheumatologist. She WAS sick ALL THE TIME, when she was elementary and jr. high age. Missed 30-40 days each year. Still was an A-B student, very motivated, high achiever. I don't know if her white cells were low or if they we ever tested. I do remember her eosinophils were high. She has been in remission for many years now and functions at a VERY high level.

Her frenshman/sophmore year at college she lost her peripheral vision and was found to have high ANA levels. That was 3 or 4 years ago. In past few weeks, she has developed a severe metal allergy/infection and a terrible rash. Doc thought is was from bacterial infection from a piercing and prescribed antibiotic. Is slowly improving. She told him about her previous ANA levels and is rechecking them. Wish I knew if her white cells were checked back then but I don't know, or can't remember.
  3. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

I remember being diagnosed at least twice with anemia as a kid. And apparently my mother had it too as a kid.

I remember after a doctor exam and blood test, the doctor came back into the room and stated to my mother (in a very dramatic way)"This child has ANEMIA!". I don't remember what my mother said, but she took it calmly...especially in light of the fact that I thought the doctor said "leukemia"!

Back in the car, I got up the nerve to ask my mom if I had the dread leukemia. She laughed and told me no. She said they always told her that she was anemic when she was a kid and it didn't really mean anything. (go figure!) Just like she told me not to be concerned when the school nurses told her every year that I had scoliosis. Not to worry...after all they always told my mom that too. Yes, mom had some issues other than fibromyalgia.