Does anyone have more pain after they eat?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Nov 4, 2002.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I have noticed that depending on what I eat can make a difference in the pain, does anyone else do this or am I just crazy? If anyone does this, please let me know what diet works for them. Thanks, VickyB
  2. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I have noticed that depending on what I eat can make a difference in the pain, does anyone else do this or am I just crazy? If anyone does this, please let me know what diet works for them. Thanks, VickyB
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Lots of foods can trigger a flare. For me its; white bread, or anything made with white flour, coconut, too much chocolate (which I don't really eat!), too much tea ( moderate amounts of tea is wonderful for you, but I used to drink 10-12 cups/glasses of tea a day), white sugar is another one that is very bad all around, and artifical sweetners. LOts of other foods are triggers too. Others will share their experiences with different foods, drinks, etc.

YOu are not crazy! I used to eat coconut candy coconut, macroons, coconut cream pies, and my husband noticed that when I ate any of those I would be screaming with pain the following day! As much as I love that tast, I have not touched coconut in two years. I do drink tea, but cut the amount in half.

NO, I can't proved why this causes me pain other than my own experience, but believe me, it does.

Keep a log of what you eat, and see what is causing you pain. Thats the best way to find it out for sure.

Hope this helped some for you.

Shalom, Shirl