Does anyone have odd "out of the blue" pains/sensations?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat-E, Jan 8, 2006.

1. kat-E

kat-E New Member

I am wondering if it affects your ability to move the joint or muscle?

Has it ever felt
    Like being hit with a hammer?
    like being stabbed?
    An area that feels like it is on fire?
    ETC

I wouldnt classify these as pains but phantom sensations...

Do you have
    Itching for no reason?
    Bug crawling sensations?
    ETC

And if so, do you have CFIDS, FMS or both? And/Or have you been diagnosed with something that is supposed to cause this?
  2. millennia

millennia New Member

I totally get those. I have Fibromyalgia. Sometimes I'll just be sitting there and suddenly I feel like I've been stabbed in the foot or something. My hubby thinks I'm crazy!!!!
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Kat-e

Yes, I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis....along with internal problems.

I have the stabbing pain that come from nowhere also!

And I have a new issue lately.

It is the pain in my joint... just above my thumb (mainly the right hand...but sometimes on my left).

It feels like it locks up... and the pain is horrible. It comes on without warning...and I almost drop to my knees when it happens!

I have felt the bug crawling feeling also. I have had my hubby look to see if there is something on me...as it feels so real!! The only conclusion that I can think of for this is nerve pain!

MamaR
    [This Message was Edited on 01/08/2006]
  4. midda

midda New Member

I have FMS and there will be times that I will get these painfull, I call them lightning pains as this is as fast as they come and go in my shoulders. I yell out that is how badly they hurt. It always startles my husband so we both end up jumping a little in our seats. LOL
  5. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Most of us do I would guess. I have FMS and CFS.

Wierd sensations that I attribute to nerve involvement like really powerful "twangs" that hit like a hot poker, "creepy crawlies" on my skin - can be all over anywhere.
  6. lease79

lease79 New Member

I am wondering if it affects your ability to move the joint or muscle? Just heaviness from the aching.

Has it ever felt
    Like being hit with a hammer?
    like being stabbed? YES!!!
    An area that feels like it is on fire? YES!!!
    ETC

I wouldnt classify these as pains but phantom sensations...

Do you have
    Itching for no reason? YES!!
    Bug crawling sensations? YES!!
    ETC

And if so, do you have CFIDS, FMS or both? And/Or have you been diagnosed with something that is supposed to cause this?

I have both cfs & fms. I get this unbelievable stabbing pain that goes through from the front of my shoulder to the back. It is so bad that it nearly drops me. I also get a similar pain in the centre of my chest, but thankfully not quite as bad.

I get all the weird & wonderful paraesthesia's too itching, crawling, burning sensations on the skin. These are usually worse during a flare up.

7. Goodkarma5

Goodkarma5 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I have Fibromyalgia, and was diagnosed a few years ago. Like most of you I was chasing answers for a long time. I just found out in July that an MRI I had done two years ago was overlooked. I have Compressive Cervical Myelopathy which is basically a disease that forms on the c-spine and compresses the spinal cord. I had to have spine surgery on my neck area on Dec. 1st to replace three levels of discs and put in a plate. Its kind of rare for my age- 40. Still I have seen reports that spine disorders have been known to cause Fibro. There are studies being done ont he correlation. Anyway, I have alot of numbness, tingling, shocking, burning along with all the Fibro symptoms. I just thought I should tell you about my story so if you have a spine problem you get it fixed. I could have ended up paraylyzed if I didn't get the surgery.
    There is so much we don't know about how these all interact with each other...its scary. Good luck and God Bless!
  8. darude

darude New Member

Have FMS and CMP here! I have pain ALL the time in my legs and sometimes the crawling bugs in legs feeling. Get occasional stabbing pains in other parts of body!
  9. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

Yes I will have sudden sharp pain coming from nowhere like lightening striking!!!
  10. kat-E

kat-E New Member

Thanks for the inquiry tho'.

I do understand that many meds do cause itching... I have heard that it is sometimes caused by toxin overload in the liver, but I dont know if that is the problem or not... no ins and no good docs to investigate further.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/22/2006]
  11. Dee911

Dee911 New Member

Hi, I have all of the symptoms you mentioned especialy the crawling I have had Fibro since i was 11 am 38 now. Some people have mentioned a conection with some other conditions i was wondering if there is any conection with epilepsy as my son is epileptic and at times we have the sameproblems and sensations, can anyone help with this please?
  12. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

Sometimes I will be just sitting there and bam I feel like someone just threw a rock at my shoulder or sometimes I get pins and needles in my left foot. Other times I will get a stabbing pain in my back, side, head.....I had many cat scans for the head to check for anything "bad", all clear so far. The pain usually lasts a few seconds to a few minutes and goes away...kinda creepy.
  13. betsboop

betsboop New Member

thought i was going crazy until i read this post....WOW!! i have been siting down at night watching tv and suddenly i will get a stabbing pain in my hip and tingling sensation in my leg and my foot is totally numb....i can stand on it but can't walk for good 2 minutes....nothing there...pricklies....other times i will be laying in bed and mainly the left (where everything bad happens on my body) i will get a numb sensation...again prickly pins and needles..i had an mri done 5 years ago they suspected ms but i got an all clear thank goodness but these things can be very scary..have any of you had head numbness? i would be curious to know...like the sensation when yo have sunglasses on your head and you take them off but you feel like you have sunglasses on for the rest of the day but you really don't....this is rather embarassing..i was diagnosed with FM in 1983 and diagnosed with arthritis 95% of body in 2003, have had a stent put in one artery but another is 99.9 still blocked..multiple chemical sensitivities, and i used to be an extremely active person..i guess they really are phantom pains but how do we really know when it is a real pain as in heart pain as a lot of us have chest pain on a regular basis? i get much numbness in my hands and arms due to compression of problems with C5-6 in the spine..here we go again with the spine. and vision changes. does anyone else have vision changes throughout the day? i will end here and let someone else talk, as i could write a novel
  14. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

Yes, I got a lot of different kinds of strange pains out of nowhere.

One pain that is a little scary for me is what I call my "stigmata" pain. It feels like someone has just hammered a nail straight through my palm all the way out the back of my right hand. Same thing happens to my right foot. Sometimes it's brief, sometimes the pain last hours -- when I'm in the flare.

Nearly every day now, I've been getting "bolts of lightening" pain coming from either side of my jaw -- radiating up through my skull and down through my whole body. Very unpleasant.

Itchy scalp, hands randomly going numb (less so now that I've been taking supplements for several months,) and "shocking" pain in joints have been common for me.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/11/2006]
  15. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

I also suffer from this.

I have been diagnosed with lyme disease and was told it was from lyme and/or the co-infections.

Anyone here have lyme or been tested by Igenex?

Just wondering, I thought for years that I was the only one with these strange pains.
  16. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

I get out of the blue stabbing and shooting pains frequently. Mostly in my legs. Sometimes in the temple and sometimes in the neck/shoulder and arm area.

It stinks. I also have terrible itching of the legs but no crawling sensations. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Hope this helps.