Does anyone have other problems from fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GinnyB, May 6, 2010.

1. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

I think it was in an article from the ProHealth library that I read a list of other diseases or conditions you can get from fibromyalgia. I know psoriasis is on the list. It's the latest one I got. Not surprising, since fibro attacked my skin first with a rash no one ever was able to diagnose. Next came intestinal bleeding, the cause again unidentified, my blood count kept up with 325 mg of iron daily. Next was asthma, coronary artery disease, hiatal hernia, colitis (colagenous or ulcerative--I seem to alternate between one and the other) and lack of a reflex which causes me to black out with no notice. I've had several bad falls. Now I'm dealing with daily morning sickness (I'm 72 for heavens sake!) and constant drowsiness. Also constant depression--I wasn't surprised to see that one on the list! I'm not saying all these conditions were listed in the article, but several of them were, and I'm wondering if anyone else is getting diseases connected with fibro.

Ginny B
  2. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I was diagnosed with RA in my early 30s. Was told I had the joints of a 50-year-old woman and that I would probably need knee and hip replacements by the time I was 50.

Fast forward to my late 30s, diagnosed with FM. I am now 43. Since then, I have also been diagnosed with B12 deficiency and GERD.

I have had depression (3 breakdowns) all my life.
  3. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Along with FM I also have depression,raynaud's syndrome, roseca, gastroparesis, gerd,endometriosis and ibs. I am 44. Depression has been apart of my whole life the others started when I was in my mid 30's. Been a tough time but I get through it with God's help.
  4. KimberlyChic

KimberlyChic New Member

Hi, I was diagnosed with fms/cfs at 27 yrs, after daughter's complicated birth. Had bad miscarriage after daughter, infection, and was bedridden a year. Also had TMJ, depression, ibs, stomach issues, even before daughter's birth. I am now 41. Last few years I found out I had Endometriosis. It was undiagnosed for years. I have always felt extreme pain and sickness in morning as soon as I start to wake up (pariet helps), Low blood pressure and on Iron. Use meal replacement shakes when foggy and light headed.
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I have ME/CFS, FM, OI, MCS, circadian rhythm disorder, chronic myofascial pain, sciatica, asthma, allergies, endometriosis, TMJ, migraines, lots of GI issues, and a few other things.....& mornings are definitely a problem for me, too
  6. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

Sheila, it's interesting that you too have gastroparesis. Do you have relapses? Mine was really bothering me, but for the last several weeks I've had no problems. Does the disease come and go?

Ginny B

7. Tizz

Tizz New Member

The fact that something is "associated" with fibro doesn't necessarily mean that it is CAUSED by fibro. Sometimes it can just be that fibro and other things are triggered in pretty much the same way. The only reason it really matters is because, sometimes when a doctor blames everything on fibro, other things get pretty much ignored...

Congestion problems seem to be pretty common with fibro and so are skin problems. So are irritable bowel syndrome and other gastrointestinal problems. Many people with fibro are somewhat hypothyroid, so it's good to have a Dr. check thyroid levels -- especially if you've noticed you feel cold almost all the time. And low Vitamin D is quite common, too.

Good luck to you, Ginny! Hope you're feeling better.

[This Message was Edited on 10/01/2010]
  8. Molly B

Molly B New Member

Tizz, funny you mentioned hypothyroidism. Along with Fibro, I am hypothyroid, also having Hashimoto's (autoimmune deficiency thx to the thyroid). My doctor and I just had a conversation about being mindful tracking my thyroid and antibody levels. My Fibro has increased over the last 2 years and so have my 'Motos antibodies. Hmmm...

@Ginny also....severe muscle cramps have now entered into the picture. My diet is good and recent blood workup was excellent. So, wha???? The cramps are mostly in my thighs and that's one big fing cramp!!!!
  9. Tizz

Tizz New Member

Me, too, on the severe muscle cramps, though mine usually START in the feet and calves, and later move up to the thighs and sometimes to the shoulders.