Does anyone have pain in their feet from fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tgrier, Sep 9, 2005.

1. tgrier

tgrier New Member

This is my first time writing and I thought maybe someone could help with my question. I've had fibromyalgia for a few years, but have never had pain in my feet like I do now. Just wondering if that's what it's from or from something else. Thanks
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hi there .. is it actual pain or burning ? .. I have burning soles at times .. but I find the amitriptilyne really helps with that .. I would make sure to ask about it in any case the next time you see your doctor.
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have pain in my feet sometimes when I get up. Always in the morning and sometimes during the day when I have been sitting.

I describe it as feeling like my skin has shrunk while I am off my feet and it has to stretch back out when I stand up.

Sonya
  4. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I would say it's probably related to FM. I seem to do ok until I start to walk alot at the mall, or a flea market, or something like that. I don't seem to have that problem just around home or my office.

Sometimes my feet will start to hurt, and kind of cramp so bad I don't think I'll make it back to my car!!

Even if I wear comfortable shoes, it still happens.

I went to the Home Depot one day, and went clear to the back of the store for something. I swear I didn't think I could get back out of the store for the pain. I would walk a little ways, and stop, and act like I was looking at something, then start up again.!!!

Kinsie
  5. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I have a great deal of pain in my feet - so much so, that I had to get "special shoes" - the kind they prescribe for diabetics, but I couldn't tell you if it's from my Fibro, or not, because I'm also an Arthritis & Diffuse Systemic Scleroderma patient......

But I do sympathize with you on the foot pain........

Love, Donna
  6. tgrier

tgrier New Member

Thank you all for answering my question so quickly. I appreciate it.
  7. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

foot structure that a lot of us Fibros have. Can't remember the name right now - maybe Morton? I don't know if that is why or the Fibro is just finding another place to land. And I have size 11s - more space to hurt, right? :)
  8. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

One of the first places that began to hurt was my feet. Right now they burn, burn, burn. I have on good sandals and they hurt. I wear kneehighs and they hurt. I wear my walking shoes and the ankle ribs even hurt by feet - I can feel every rib.

I do soak them in the tub when I take a shower. I use DH bath stool and I close the drain and let it fill.

I wear a size 11 too (M) and I end up spending a fortune for the very few pairs of shoes I h ave.

Gentle Hugs and soothing feet!!
  9. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Even after laying down for awhile or getting up in the mornings...

When my feet first hit the floor and I begin to walk it feels like im walking on pins and needles.

Also if I do walk or stand for to long the bottom of my feet begin to burn....had a huge problem with that last week while on vacation...

Hugs
    Bluerose
  10. snooker11

snooker11 New Member

yup - foot pain is the first symptom i had. In the last half a month it's been getting much better. makes sense that we would feel a lot of pain in our feet because of all the weight on them. basically, we're tender in a lot of places, but the ones that carry the most weight or stress like our feet and back tend to be worse.
  11. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

Yes, generally in the morning. That is when I do my daily walking. I have noticed it helps once I begin to move around more.
  12. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

(the pun is incidental). Finally found out it's a detox reaction and there are ways to ease and speed it up.

Jeanne
  13. jana15

jana15 New Member

I've had FM/CFS for six years now and my feet have been a constant problem. I find that if I keep wiggling them (gentle movement) and rub them together throughout the night, then I manage to get some sleep. I also kee sorboline cream (any moisturiser will do) by my bed and apply it liberally before I go to sleep and this seems to sooth them. They will often feel hot and burning yet my feet will actually be cold (weird I know)Isometimes also have to hang them out from under the doona to try and cool them down.

I was told at some point this was a part of Restless Leg Syndrome but I've never actually had it checked out and I guess I've always thought it was just one of those extra little burdens that come along with Fibro/CFS so I'd be interested to know if you find a solution.

Cheers Jana
  14. auntcon

auntcon New Member

mine burn sometimes and everymorning I hobble for a while.
    YUK do talk to your DR.
    Connie