Does anyone have Pain in Thighs....sort of like muscle pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnitaQuiles, Aug 21, 2003.

1. AnitaQuiles

AnitaQuiles New Member

Dear Fibro friends....this is a NEW symptom I have been dealing with lately....it is surely scary at times for I have thought it could be a blood clot...but if it was I would not be here to tell you right now....anyhoooo,
    it mostly happens when I am walking, or when I am sleeping, to the point of waking me up at times. Can anyone relate to something like this? I asked a lady that I know and she said she has something similar. I am worried. Will do some research now...but wanted to ask if anyone has the same problem and what did they do about it. thanks to all. aq
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Don't like it much either!!

I have found ,for me,LOTS A WATER helps.
    PatPalmer and Shirl have posted much about water/salt,Magnesium/malic Acid ,for Muscle pain help,as well as General Feel better things,when I have tried have Helped upper legs issues.

Good Luck!
    Peace,Ez
  3. pixipip

pixipip New Member

Sometimes I get sharp sabbing pains,other times it feels like I've pulled a muscle, and other times it's like a cramp or that other pain you get just after you've had cramp. I also get it walking and through the night.
    I find a soack in a warm bath helps, I'm always waking my poor husband up in the wee small hours to help me into the bath, bless him he's a gem.
    Love & Light to you,
    Jacqui.
  4. badangel3

badangel3 New Member

I'm so glad I just found this message board. I've had really bad thigh and leg pain for the last year now and even with my pain meds it's still there. I'm very frustrated trying to find relief. I'm glad I found a place to share as no one I'm close to understands what I go thru with FMS and trying to hold down a full time job. J
    [This Message was Edited on 08/22/2003]
  5. wle

wle New Member

The worst of my pain is in the thighs, calves, ankles and feet. Have pain other places as well but those are the worst and most constant. WLE
  6. Danett

Danett New Member

My thigh pain BURNS. It feels like it's on fire from the inside out. But it's my calf muscles that hurt. Here's a funny.

This spring was when I was having a lot of burning on my thighs and I was deparate to make it stop. My husband looked in the freezer for something to put on it. Tortillas! It didn't really help, but I sure did laugh a little because I looked quite silly laying in bed with tortillas on my thighs!

Hope you get to feeling better.
  7. spudzy

spudzy New Member

Yes,, I do have pain in the thighs and really on the right side...I have more pain in my shoulders/neck and it sometimes feels like my head is going to explode from pressure...I guess there are never any great days, just some better than others...always in pain...I seem to really be having lots of fatigue for several months....not much energy and always tired...great life if we don't weaken...but it could be much worse....hang in there...spudzy
  8. shoshi68

shoshi68 New Member

I thought I was the weird one, b/c i didn't see this before. thank goodness i'm not alone... i get this pain a lot and i find it really hard to walk with this stuff happening. i recently used a wheelchair at an amusement park because i wanted to be with my family and i was really weak. i could almost tolerate the pain if the weakness didn't occur. i used to love dancing and i used to be an avid walker- no longer, my legs give on me and i worry that i'll not be able to function around the house- which is a must.

you are not alone, and i'm wishing you all the best in health.

shoshi
  9. tandy

tandy New Member

having the same leg pain!!! I'm scared too` Its a toothache type pain in the upper and lower legs(calves). Seems to get better with rest(not 100% gone but better)but if I keep walking around trying to get stuff done....it gets worse&worse till they are really killing me!! My legs feel kinda heavy too. Do yours? I don't know what the heck this is now!!! Everythings fibro ya know!!.....how the hell are we suppose to know when something needs medical attention!!? I just read that an ace bandage might help.(i don't know tho....I might give it a try) and to elevate your feet and ice I guess works best for this?? I'm just quoting what I read~ This DD is testing my nerves lately!! you are not alone~ Hope yours eases soon. Take care :)
  10. Pryna

Pryna New Member

My thighs and hamstring area are two of the worst for pain and fatigue. Taking the stairs up from the subways is murder sometimes.
  11. Suekoo

Suekoo New Member

I assuming you mean the outside of the thigh. My right one seems worse than the left although it's in both. At first my doctor said it's because of hip bursitis and it runs down that muscle. Do you have hip pain as well? When I rub it, it is much more sore than a black and blue mark. I thought I had a clot or something. Do you notice your muscle feels like a wash board when you rub a cream on it?
  12. tandy

tandy New Member

yes!!my right leg is way worse!!! thats odd~ but yet,its my left hip that hurts more!!! Hurts to cross my legs~ I have the ace bandage on right now.....it might slightly help????I'm still hurtin! what a mess I am lately!
    I can only go up from here.....its gotta get better~(i hope) hope others get some well needed rest tonight!!
    Regards,
    Tracey :)