Does anyone have pain mostly down one side?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Oct 10, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I'm haveing a very off day.I hurt all down my right side.I just do not understand how we can have so much pain and be told nothing is showing up.
    My doctor put me on pain meds fri .I can not stay awake when I take them. I just want to know why there is pain. I do not want to take pain meds .They did not really even help just put me to sleep.
    My right side is the side that I have clear nipple leakage for about 11 months now. I have been to several doc's about that nobody has told me why or how to stop it.
    My right side front to back hurts and my right shoulder blade hurts all under it.I've had tons of test nothing shows up.
    I woke up this morning and at first felt pretty good no pain.Then after I was up a few mins. everything started hurting again.Mostly all my pain is on my right side of my body.From head to toe.
    Does anyone else have their pain mostly on one side .
    I do still have swelling and pain in my left hand .But mostly everything else is all the way down my right side.
  2. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

I have pain mostly on my left side, my back, neck and shoulders especially. I get my headaches more to the left as well.

I am very new to Fibro, only 2 weeks dx but from what I have been learning here it seems that some people do experience pain more on one side than the other.

Bekah
  3. lizable11

lizable11 New Member

Yes! I have always had the majority of my pain on my right side. My right shoulder blade is my main trigger point. Sometimes I wish someone would just take a hot poker and stick it in that spot. It would feel soooo good. I get muscle spasms on my right side lower back that wrap around to the front of my hip and radiate down my leg. I cannot lay on that side and sometimes the muscle in my arm just gives out and I can't even lift it for a few hours.
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

My pain is all down the right side of my body - and it is getting worse - right shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee, ankle and muscle pain too.

My sister has FM and her pain is all down her left side.

I went to my GP today for my physical and he told me that there didn't seem to be any reason for the pain. He says that the signals to the brain get mixed up in FM people and we perceive pain where there shouldn't be any pain perception.

Pepper
  5. pookieruth

pookieruth New Member

I have left sided pain. My left arm is the worst. My PCP, rhuemotolgist and physical therapist all insist the pain is coming from my shoulder, but I don't buy it. I had my first PT session yesterday - I thought it was a waste of time and won't go back. I'll stick with my heating pad.

Lee
  6. TerryS

TerryS Member

Mine is definitely predominant on the left; although, I do have some right-sided pain.

TerryS
  7. museinhighlands

museinhighlands New Member

I have pain too mostly left neck/headache/shoulder and hip.... this can travel and be both sides as well. seems a lot of us have this.

However, have you had a mammogram recently? and second opinions on reading it?
  8. jole

jole Member

Most days my pain is much worse on the entire left side (but I'm right-handed). Some days it switches to the right, or both sides, but mostly the left. headaches and all.

I too wonder if you have had a mammo lately or a sonogram of your breast? Really don't like the sound of the leakage.

Take care - Jole
  9. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

My bad pain switches sides mostly in my hips and down my legs. When I have real severe pain I up my Magnesium, Potatssium and Calcium. That helps.
    K
  10. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I also have pain mostly on my right side of body. Right shoulder blade, right leg, right pelvic pain, right groin discomfort.

With nipple leakage, have you had a mammogram with ultrasound. One symptom of breast cancer is discharge from the nipple. There has to be a answer including testing your hormones.

I hope you tell me you had a mammogram....
  11. enjoysue

enjoysue New Member

Yup, I have worst pain on my whole left side from top to bottom. I'd say my neck, shoulder, elbow, forearm, hip pain (did I miss something? lol) is so much worse on that side. That's the side of my neck that I injured in 85' when my head hit the steering column in a car accident so I assume somehow things got messed up. Then to even things out my left knee has arthritis in it from tearing the menisus when both knees plowed into the dashboard.
    Did you have an injury of any sort that would explain this? I also find.....and it was proven in biofeedback that I hold my stress on my right side. It seems I get tendonitis in all my joints on my right side. In my previous life before this my job was a sewer and I got tendonitis in both my knees but that was before the dx of fibro and apparently it was fibro all along as anti-inflammatories were not helping. Interesting question and my dr. didn't really have too much to say about it so I was glad to see the question.
  12. enjoysue

enjoysue New Member

That first sentence should read pain on my RIGHT side. I'll blame it on fibrofog! ~Sue
  13. carebelle

carebelle New Member

together .Yes, I have had All the test for my breast .They said no cancer .I even went to Walter Reeds breast clinic for 2nd opinions.Everyone says yes it leaks but nobody knows why.

OK we see in some of us there is one sided pain. Who has also had trama to one side or the other ?I was hit in my head with a ball bat as a child and also fell off of a high porch I blacked out from both.

Has anyone also had any type of seisure ? Or VERY HIGH fevers ?I also had seisures and I also fell on my spin at a job all my pain was on my right side then .But that was 30 years ago.

I'm trying to see who else has had accidents that may have caused damage even many years later.
  14. museinhighlands

museinhighlands New Member

Yes, I've had delayed onset symptoms from injuries.

And seizure activity - which I am process to investigate.

see post regarding Strokes Undiagnosed & Numbness/Tingling

check my profile for list.... must go for now.

15. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Yes my right side hurts from my neck to my foot. And yes mine moves too.More often on the right side though.

Also stiffness is more on the right side than anywhere else,but effects my whole body.

Massage helps me more than anything. The day after the massage I'm sore but after that the stiffness and pain are less for a while.
    Hugs Shirley