Does anyone have problems being dizzy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clueless, Nov 17, 2002.

1. clueless

clueless New Member

I am having a terrible time being dizzy. Tip my head back to look up and I am gone. Same when I tip back in the shampoo chair when I get a hair cut. Then the other night I had a feeling like an electric shock in the front of my head. Only lasted a second but long enough to give me a scare. It felt like two wires shorting. Has anyone had this happen? I would appreciate any input on this it has made me a little nervous.
  2. clueless

clueless New Member

I am having a terrible time being dizzy. Tip my head back to look up and I am gone. Same when I tip back in the shampoo chair when I get a hair cut. Then the other night I had a feeling like an electric shock in the front of my head. Only lasted a second but long enough to give me a scare. It felt like two wires shorting. Has anyone had this happen? I would appreciate any input on this it has made me a little nervous.
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Please do some research on and Cervical Stenosis.
    I attribute alot of my dizzyness to that--as well as electric shocks when looking upward.
    You may also want to look into Chiari Malformation---
    Karen
  4. tamara!

tamara! New Member

I feel dizzy every day at some time or other. When I move my head certain ways sometimes I feel like I'm going to fall. I don't get the electric feeling, but I do get sharp shooting pain a lot in my head. I get migraines too.
    Are you sure you don't have an inter ear infection, there isn't always pain with that? Maybe you should ask your doc. We sure do have a crazy disease! Don't we? I think they would do better to list the symptoms that we DON'T have.lol
    Good Luck!
    TAMARA!
  5. missboo

missboo New Member

it's nice to know someone else has these symptoms. I get dizzy when i tip my head back in the shower too. i also get dizzy if i'm laying on my back in bed and turn my head to the right. Seems like there's a sensitive place in the back of my neck that makes me dizzy if pressure is applied there. my doctor never seems to look for causes - he just gives me meds to relieve the symptoms. the thing is - if i turn my head the other way, the dizzyness goes away, so why take more drugs?

it's kind of like the old joke - man tells his doc "it hurts when i do this", doctor says "then don't do that".

miss boo.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/18/2002]
  6. shannon

shannon Guest

I also get the dizzy spells. they used to be the worst part of this d.d. but now I am so used to it that it does not stop me in my tracks any more. I get them really bad like a week before my period. Then I am down for a couple of day's. other then that just a few spells here and there. I to will get the sharp pain in my head and soet of a shock on the sides of my head
  7. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I don't get as many dizzy spells as I used to..But I defintely do get that electric shock like feeling..I've been getting it more and more since my whiplash back in March..I've had told more than 1 dr. but no one seems that concerned..To me, it feels almost like a TensDevice, if you have ever used them..
    Take Care......Best Wishes........Donna
  8. kellym

kellym New Member

Meclizine (anti-vert) is what I take, and it seems to work pretty well. I take one a day, and supplement it with more if a really bad spell comes on. Good luck!
  9. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Check with an ENT doctor. I have Benign Postional Vertigo and it has to do with movement of crystals in the inner ear canal. If I move my head up and down or to the right or left I get the dizzies. In bed too.
    I use BONINE which is over the counter mecclazine (sp) when it gets bad. There are also vestibular exercises that really work--they desensitize the brain into not being dizzy. (if that makes sense). I believe you can download these exercises on the computer. Use a search engine and type in VESTIBULAR EXERCISES.
    Good luck,
    Tania
  10. angeliz1951

angeliz1951 New Member

Yes, I have problems with dizziness also. I believe the electric shock type pains I had in early February were what made me acutely aware that something was wrong with me. I had them behind my right ear and up into my head. Repeatedly for 3 days. I didn't dare move my head and stayed in bed for the duration. I occasionally still have them...but the vertigo is more common than the shocks now. It's been an uphill downhill roller coaster ever since. I really hope you can get yours under control. I also take Meclazine but it does not work for me at all. I was told to stay down until it went away and live with it. Diagnosis: vertigo of unknown origin.
    Best of luck to you.
    Gentle hugs