Does anyone have random headaches, pressure ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MrLund, Nov 3, 2008.

1. MrLund

MrLund New Member

I exp random headaches and pressure that will last for day with fatigue that won't go away, it comes random. Majority of the time I feel light head & dizzy.

I've exp to my doctor but not much support from them.

In addition, I don't seem to enjoy my life, constantly worrying about infections and body, new symptoms will pop up, feel fatgiue... I don't enjoy doing anything anymore.

I am not depressed but seems like I am becoming one. My behavior has changed, I tend to get angry a lot , is this CFIDS ?

What do I do, what do I take ?

2. greatgran

greatgran Member

I awake some mornings with the headache and pressure been told its sinus but if its sinus why does it come and go. Yesterday I felt ok and today I feel as you described.

I worry, don't enjoy things, fatigued, one doc says infection, one says depression and wanted me to go on an antidepressant, which I didn't. I am afraid of meds.

Wish I had an answer but I don't, yes, I think all this is part of CFS but get no answers from the doctors.

Seems I live in my robe more than I dress and feel miserable and don't know why.

Hope you get some answers.

God Bless,
    [This Message was Edited on 11/03/2008]
  3. MrLund

MrLund New Member

yes, i feel like my life has been rob, can you tell me if the CFIDS will ever go away ? It seems like every day is getting worse, before I did not have the headaches and now I do.

It's weird.

my MRI w/ Contract, was complete normal. Wouldn't anything show up ?

Dizzy, fatigue, lack of concentration, headaches, sinus, nothing showed up everything was clear ?

4. greatgran

greatgran Member

Have you been Dx with CFIDS? Tell me more about your headaches. Mine are mostly of the morning if I awake around 5 am with the headache then I know I am going to have a bad day. Sometimes if the headache starts during the day or evening then I know I am in for a bad night and next day. Do you have sinus problems?

I haven't had a MRI, had a CT years ago it was normal. The doc wanted me to have a MRI but I paniced, now I am afraid to go have anything. Afraid of meds, guess that is my anxiety.

By the way, do you have anxiety?

I too, feel I have been robbed and want to be like I once was but have been this way for about 7 years and it seems to be getting worse. There was about a year that I could get up and do , then I would have spells I would be in bed for week but them up for weeks. The past 6 months I have been mainly housebound. This does cause me to be so depressed.

I do feel I have a sinus issue but have been on so many antibiotics that I don't want to take anymore, as they would help for only a brief time.

I do feel this is part of CFIDS as I have body aches, flu like symptoms but the head feeling, pressure is the worst. I also have the off balance feeling and have vertigo attacks that last for hours thank God they aren't very often.

Don't have any answers, wish I did, I don't know what to take , what doc to see as I feel I have seen them all.

Maybe i need an antidepressant I just don't know. Hope someone will answer your post that can help but I am here if you just need to talk and I sure can relate.

5. MrLund

MrLund New Member

Yes, I have been to CFIDS doctor, Infection Disease, Gastro, Nurologist, Nautrophatic, PCP, etc... My Cfids doc says there is not much we can do.

CBC = Normal except Lymphocyte always above 56 but not more than 65.

everything else normal. Urine test normal, HEP B, C, Neg, CMV IGG, HHV 6 IGG... etc..

The doc says I will have good and bad days, but that is it not much.

I feel fatigue, headaches, pain, lack of energy, and much more. I am young, 25 , not much to look forward to at this point.

I hate being negative, but I feel I have been rob.

If 90% of population has CMV & HHV 6 than why in da hell am I suffering from so many symptoms for useless virus ?

None of my doctors can explain it . Why me ?

Why why why why me ?

How do I get over this ?

I've read online that Valcyte might be a cure ? is this true ?

why hasn't CFIds doctor told me about it ?

confused and I am begin for my life back.
  6. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

I was just wandering if you have had a cervical(neck) MRI. Neck damage can cause headaches, and pressure sensations over the head. Other symptoms can be arm weakness, and shoulder straps continually sliding off the shoulders. Doctors overlook neck injury in younger people.

I understand your feelings, however I encourage you to persevere in getting to the bottom of your health problems. It may be possible that you do not have CFS.

It has been my experience that doctors get things wrong, misdiagnose, and fail to diagnose more often than we would think. We really have to be our own advocate. It is possible to get improvement for CFS/FM symptoms. At this moment I can only emphasize the importance of being strong for ourselves.

Wishing you all the best.
  7. Lazy_Susan

Lazy_Susan New Member

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time but man, can I relate to everything you're saying, especially about doctor support. I've had vertigo for the better part of 5 or 6 days and have been experiencing headaches for months now, which is unusual for me. New symptoms come and go for me, too. I know I'm not being of any help but sometimes it's nice to know that others know what you're going through and that you're not losing it or something. Sometimes we just need to hear that. I know I do. I hope you find some support and comfort soon.

8. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Lund.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having to go through this, especially at the age of 25.

I suggest that you ask your doctor to order a methylation panel from Vitamin Diagnostics. It costs $300. I'm not connected to the lab, but I'm finding this panel to be the most useful lab test in CFS cases. I'm a CFS researcher and consultant.

The methylation panel will tell you if you have glutathione depletion and a partial methylation cycle block. A lot of people with CFS do, and perhaps most do. I think it's at the core of the pathogenesis of this disorder.

The good thing is that there is a treatment for it that does not involve prescription drugs and is relatively inexpensive (less than $3.00 per day) I'm also not involved in selling the treatment.

Here's the contact information for the methylation panel:

Vitamin Diagnostics, Inc.
    Rt. 35 & Industrial Drive
    Cliffwood Beach, NJ 07735
    Phone:+1 (732) 583-7773
    Fax: +1 (732) 583-7774)

Lab Director: Tapan Audhya, Ph.D.
    (usually at the lab on Tues. and Wed. from 1 to 3 p.m., Eastern time)

The treatment is called the "Simplified Treatment Approach." I've posted about it on this board for the past year and a half or so, and quite a few people are trying it. So far, it seems to help at least two-thirds of those who are able to stay on it for a period of a few months or more. It isn't speedy, but it does seem to work.