Does anyone have strange "vibration" pulses in foot?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Callum, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Callum

Callum New Member

It started yesterday. It comes in pulses, and it feels kind of like having my foot on the floor where a ceiling fan is on downstairs (strange analogy, but it's the closest I can come to.

There is no pain involved. I don't seem to be having any circulation issues, no numbness. No swelling.

It is a "pulse", but does not seem to match my heart rate in any way.

Is this nerve?

Any input appreciated!

2. momof471

momof471 New Member

I'd run it by your doctor, but lots of us with this illness get vibrations, or buzzing sensations, throughout or in various parts of the body. I get a whole body buzzing sensating and zaps in my head that go in waves all the way down and out my feet, crazy sounding I know, currently waiting to get Brain MRI for that, hopefully its just the fibro. I know the buzzing is typical. I'm sure your fine, mention it to the doc though.

God Bless
  3. Callum

Callum New Member

I value that input. I would be more concerned if there were any thrombosis symptoms, and since I just had an MRI recently...

But I did want to see if others had the same thing.

Thanks again!

Take care.
  4. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

my recent "weird foot trick". I don't think it's what you describe, but I just gotta post my experience and see if it sound like a NORMAL (whatever that is) foot cramp.

I was sitting barefooted, when I was aware of slight twinge in toes and middle area of foot. Then I witnessed someting I've never seen before:

My toes (on their own) SPLAYED, that is the big toe and 3rd toe separated away from the 2nd toe...a trick I could never do if I tried...then my 2nd toe began to curl backwards and clinch in that position. It soon relaxed and returned to normal position, but my foot still feels kinda ticklish, and "buzzy" near my toes.

I guess it's not such a big deal to really SEE a cramp like that, but it's sure a first for me.
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

but it seems to be in rhythm with my right now.

I am going to ask the doc on Thursday about this.

Sometimes it seems like my whole body is pulsing with my heart...just one big pulse.

Don't know what it's not rapid...just a normal beating heart.

Don't know what the answer is for you....another weird symptom of a weird disease.

6. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I first started getting the vibrations in my feet about two years ago. My home office is at the back of our house and there's a very busy street right behind us so I thought it was the traffic causing the house to vibrate.

But then I noticed that it would happen when I was lying down, too and my feet weren't touching anything. I had developed severe neuropathy in my legs from West Nile encephalitis and I think maybe it was my nerves trying to fire up again and overcome the damage. It quit after about a year and the neuropathy disappeared at the same time.

7. Callum

Callum New Member

8. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Yes, I have that although not so tied to my pulse. I'm too tired to write much now but I feel it in my feet and lower legs. I, like the other poster, have a lot of neuropathic pain along with it. It doesn't feel healthy at all, does it?

Sorry. Good luck.
  9. Callum

Callum New Member

Thanks for replying even though you were tired! No, it doesn't feel healthy - you're right!

Take care!

10. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Yes I have it and I also have poor blood circulation and PN. I think the pulses are blood that is trying to get through all of the tiny capillaries in our feet, while being in synchronization with the systolic beat of our heart.

The vibrations are extreme tingling in a new rhythm for me :)

Heck, I gots a story for all this stuff, lol.

Happy pulsing :)

11. pam_d

pam_d New Member

That's what I call my weird foot/toe sensations. I, too, get the vibrations, I know exactly what you are talking about!

I also have, from time to time, the toes that move completely on their own. It's the most bizarre sensation. I've showed my husband and daughter, they think I could be a one-woman circus act. It is a very strange thing, I'll have this happen for several days in a row, at various times of day, then it will disappear for weeks.

I think these weird neurological symptoms are all part of FM, no one can seem to explain them. I think that some of us get the neuro stuff a lot more than others do. I have always had less pain than others here, yet more weird neuro stuff and nerve-type pain.

Anyway, Callum, always good to get checked out, but probably normal.

12. LadyC

LadyC New Member

I started noticing this a few months ago. It's a weird feeling. I have an appointment with a new Rheumy coming up and plan to ask him about it.
  13. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Started in the right foot (previously broke this foot and tore the ligaments).

Sometimes I get it in my shoulder or arms. The last few days it's been my elbow. Doesn't really bother me, but I'm curious as to the cause, just figured it was part of fibro.

I liken the sensation to about mid pregancy when you feel the first "flutters".

I will ask my doc next month when I see her.

Sue in Ontario
  14. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

Definitely always discuss any new experiences that are concerning you with your doctor first and foremost. I think, as for many of us, it's not just the illness that can cause all these weird and wonderful things...but also the medications we are on as well. Considering that one of the main theories of thought in regards to FM being a central nervous system disorder...any zaps, tingles, weird experiences can be related to that...not to mention the medications. I was on both Lyrica and Neurontin (at separate times of course), and I had all sorts of weird and wonderful things going on - including my left eye starting to twitch which was a 'sign' that I was going to blackout. Stopped the meds. No blackouts since.

All fun and games folks!

15. Belinda344

Belinda344 Member

Thanks for the heads up about lyrica and neurontin. Did you ever ask your doctor if that was a side effect?

UVAMOMB Member

Thank you, first of all, to whoever awarded me a trophy. I did not know about this.
  17. LBDucky

LBDucky Member

I get that vibration feelings in my calves. Its especially annoying when I am trying to sleep if I cant get my mind off it.