Does anyone have the same side effect from taking guaif.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Jan 4, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

My skin smells like sulfur. Does anyone else have this that takes guaif? Or does anyone smell things that other people do not smell since taking the guaif?
    Thanks, Sleeper01
  2. seaview

seaview New Member

I started guai in Nov. I have noticed stronger odors from my body but I have a sensitive nose to all smells. Sometimes drives me crazy. I walk around searching for the source of smells that my kids say are not there. Go figure!Keep posting about your progress. I am very interested how others are doing. I do not have anyone to talk with about it. Blessings,Kathleen
  3. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Hey, VickieB,
    I think i agree. I didn't know it was the guai-I do think I smell a lot! And I'm always asking my family: "What's that SMELL?" - I'm real sensitive to odors, too.
    Fibromiester
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Taking the Guai makes one's sweat, skin oil, and urine smell different, not a bad odor, just different. If you smell the Guai medicine, you will notice it smells a lot like the body odor. I wonder whether we excrete some of the phosphates through our sweat glands as well as through the intestines and kidneys. BTW, it is important to have one's teeth regularly cleaned as the phosphate/calcium does build up faster on our teeth. I have a dental tool given to me by my hygeineist to removed the debris which builds up fast on my lower front teeth. It easily chips off, just like Dr. St. A described in his book.

If you go to Dr. St. A's website, there is a Guai support group if y'all feel the need to talk to others on the treatment. I do feel that there is a big enough group of us here that we can discuss the Guai treatment. The members here have been very generous with their time in answering questions and offering support to others on the treatment.

Love, Mikie
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have already noticed a different urine smell. The tablets themselves smell like mothballs to me. As I mentioned in another post, in only one day on Guai, I got back the 3 notes off the top of my vocal range that I had lost to FMS, as well as some of the breath control I'd lost. Must have been mucus in my lungs, rather than costo-chondritis, as I'd thought.
    I live in sweaty Florida, and need to find a replacement for my Aloe and E wet wipes. I used to use them to clean myself up after exercise, gardening, etc. when I didn't have time to take a shower right away. Doing without sals is proving harder than I thought. I replaced my toothpaste, but forgot to replace my dental floss, and grabbed it and used it yesterday before realizing it was mint flavored. I rinsed my mouth several times, but I guess the damage was done and I basically threw away a whole day's Guai. This morning, rushing to get ready for church, I was thinking ahead to something else and grabbed the mint toothpaste, instead of the bubble gum stuff I bought (hubby refuses to use it and still wants mint). So, there goes another day's Guai. I am going to have to stop doing one thing while thinking about another, or this will never work! That will be hard for me, since I always multi-task.
    I tried several times to get on the Guai support at Dr. St. Amand's site, only to get a message each time that the "server is not on" whatever that means.
    KLutzo
  6. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I have done the same thing with my toothpaste when I was in a hurry. Do you know if Arm & Hammer Advance White Cinnamon Gum is still Sal-free? It helps with plaque build up plus since I have been on HG diet, my breath is awful.
    Thanks, Sleeper01
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is generally OK to use. I use the A&H cinnamon teeth whitening gum.

Love, Mikie