Does anyone have these "sights and sounds" in your head?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shep, Dec 11, 2005.

1. shep

shep New Member

This is a very wierd symptom, but I need to know if I am the only one who experiences this.
    When I close my eyes, always at night when I am trying to go to sleep; I see "bright flashes of light; and a sound ..(like a sound when you touch two live wires together.) The flash of light lastes only a second. The "pop" sound is also just a few seconds in lenght.
    I know this sounds crazy, but it is the only way I can describe it. The sound...sounds like the sound when someone had stuck something in an outlet and a spark pops out.
    It is not painful. It happens for 2 or 3 times in a row, then I just get up as it frightenes me. I think maybe I am going to have a seizure or something.
    It never happens in the daytime when I lay down with my eyes closed. It seems to happen more when I am very tired and have gone 2 or 3 days w/o any sleep.
    I mentioned this to my doctor and my neurologist and they just passed over it as we were talking about other thing also. I did have an MRI done on my brain concerning insomia and it was negative.
    This scares me and I get back up and stay awake so it won't happen again.
    Have any of you ever experienced this?
    Thanks to all of you for being such good cmpt. buddies.
    Shep
  2. karen_dean

karen_dean New Member

and it drives me crazy...turn off the lights, close your eyes and before you know it I'm havin' the bright lights..I describe it as tho I was at a four of July celebration!! I have heard from others on the board that this too happens to them. As for the noise you are talking about..for me it sounds like a "zapping"...or a "buzzing"...it happens frequently to me..but for as many times that it has ..nothing drastic has happened to me. I have just learned not to panic...((which is hard to swallow)) when you are so scared.

I hope others respond, so you are more at ease.
    Try searching on the site for this topic.

Blessings to you

~~~*Karen*~~~
  3. cczub

cczub New Member

Not bright flashes but it sorta looks like a 60's/70's video you'd watch while getting high! Starts off a black/green the goes to white in the middle of my eyes when they are shut. Thought nothing of it. It's sorta like if your eyes are closed and you push on them slightly and get those weird color flashes....
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many of us have seizure activity in our brains which can cause these strange symptoms. See the thread on Klonopin and read Dr. Cheney's article. I would definitely mention this symptom to the doc.

Love, Mikie
  5. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hi shep

many of us with fm/me suffer terrible migrains, my nuero reckons mine are put you to bed in the dark strength but ive had them for so long ive just learnt to deal with the pain but i do suffer the lights and several migrain phenomonens because of this.
    i see bright lights and dark blobs but as for your hearing delve some more into this.
    different sounds in your ears point to different ailments for example if you hear popping and fizzing its a high possibility that glue ear might be looked for.

when going to sleep do all you can to relax your self, no tea/coffee or pop b4 bed (i sound like my nan) try to keep a bed time routine and a lavendar spray or bear may help out.or bubbles in your hot soak.

take care.smiffy