Does anyone have these symptoms!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kittycamcj, Apr 21, 2009.

1. kittycamcj

kittycamcj New Member

The side of my face gets numb, and i always wake up with my hands asleep, and the top of my feet have alot of nerve pain. Does anyone with fibro have these symptoms?

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Yep Sounds like you may have a trapped nerve or when you are sleeping you are pinching off nerve or blood supply.

Feet oh my gosh. Huge problem with fibro.

My chrio helps with face and hands. NUCCA(upper cerivcal).
  3. pearls

pearls New Member

Well, I haven't had those exact symptoms, but I have had plenty of numbness. I used to have it in my hands. Its name, "numbness," doesn't quite express what it was, either, because we tend to think of numbness as the opposite of pain.

I'll bet that what you are experiencing is not pleasant. My hand numbness was accompanied by pain that did not allow me to sleep at night. I could find no comfortable position, so I'd get out of bed and sit in my chair. But that didn't help, either. The only relief I could find was to stand with my hands at my side. Standing didn't help me sleep, either.

The good thing about all this is that it eventually went away. Several things helped me, but the best help came when I learned not to have my hands up on the pillow near my face. Instead, I learned to scoot my head to the edge of the pillow near my hands, which were flat on the bed. Having them on the pillow is an unnatural angle for the hands, which need to be in a straight line with the arms as much as possible. Perhaps this advice will help your problem with your hands.

Pearl S.
  4. sgood242

sgood242 New Member

My face will go numb at the nose to chin. Arms and legs too.

5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Facial numbness could be Lyme Disease. There's a Lyme board here at Pro Health that you may want to check out as well.

Numbness is not a typical Fibro symptom.

6. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

My face on the left goes numb and my hands and my top of my feet you can not even touch even on my good days. I have FMS. Since I have been on Grapeseed extract it has helped so I think my numbness is at least partially gone and all gone on some days I have not noticed my face going numb lately. The grapseed extract helps with my circulation as I am bedridden most of the time now. Also if you have problems with your neck check that out as it can cause numbness. My feet who knows sometimes they are better then other and I have not paid attention if the grapeseed has helped as I try not to touch them or rub them against anything Ever! Hope this helped. Bobby Check with Dr as far as taking additonal med or supplements as grapeseed thins your blood.