Does anyone have this symptom?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gcoz, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Gcoz

Gcoz New Member

The symptom that I get very often that I have the most difficulty describing to doctor's without ellicitinig some kind of, "You're full of crap," look is a building pressure sensation in the the neck, chest, armpits, stomach, and behind the ears. The strange thing is, sometimes this pressure feeling builds up in different parts, and my brain gets more foggy, sometimes I start to get an anxiety, other times, it just constricts my breathing. On rare and lucky occasions, this sensation feels like a point in my body that keeps building in pressure and then burst, causing an electric shock sensation that radiates out from that point. The bigger and commonly more scarey the sensation, the longer I feel better. My breathing will return to normal, my brain seems to work after that, and everything goes okay. One time, during an acupuncture session, this happened to me so bad, that despite sweating before, I become so cold, that the doctor had to send me outside and warm up in the sun. Of course, I was convulsing and wreathing on the table. However, all my symptoms disappeard for almost two weeks. Anyone else get this kind of feeling?
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Maybe someone here can get a description off for you, one the docs can understand.

Is this pressure like a pain pressure or like a fullness. I wonder have you taken your BP when having this? Is it a burning pressure pain. Do you get tingley or numbey feeling?

Which comes first the bad sensations or the anxiety?

Hope to help you, can you break down the info a little more?

Sorry you are suffering.

LOve Anne C
  3. CarolK

CarolK New Member

ANXIETY.

DO A GOOGLE SEARCH OF SYMPTOMS OF ANXIETY AND I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT SOME OF WHAT YOU ARE DESCRIBING FALLS UNDER THE CATAGORY OF ANXIETY.

I have not had these symptoms... but doing a google search just might help you discover what you are actually dealing with.

Hope this helps... CarolK
  4. Gcoz

Gcoz New Member

Well, I guess it could be anxiety, but more commonly I feel no anxiety at all. Sometimes this sensation feels like, umm, well, I guess it would feel like a water pipe that all of a sudden gets blocked up, so the water just keeps building up in a spot. This sensation feels like fullness. The points on my chest where the sensation originates feel tender. Also, sometimes at those spots I get very sharp pains. It feels if someone is jabbing me with a needle. Also, strangely enough, when I get this pressure sensation, my ears tend to block up. I keep having to pop them over and over again.
  5. CarolK

CarolK New Member

THEN I GUESS I WOULD DEFINATELY GET INTO MY DOCTOR AND DESCRIBE ALL THE SYMPTOMS TO HIM/HER.

JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE AND RULE OUT ANYOTHER HEALTH ISSUES YOU SHOULD TOUCH BASES WITH YOUR DOCTOR!

CAROLK
  6. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

but they were different to yours I think.

For me, the pressure of sitting would cause me pressure feelings in my whole back and stomach region (thorax) with burning and juddering sensations inside as well. Sometimes I would feel like I was going to explode. I sometimes had similar feelings in my head too.

At that point in my illness, I had many odd and very scary and unpleasant neurological sensations and that is what yours sounds like to me - a neurological symptom.

I'm afraid it just took time and gradually over months and years, the symptoms disappeared. I very rarely get them now and if I do, they are nowhere near as severe as they used to be.

I have different symptoms now. I am one of those for whom the illness seems to change over time.

FWIW the only thing that helped ease those type of sensations was Valium but unfortunately I became addicted and dependent on it for other emotional reasons. If you go down the Valium route, PLEASE be VERY careful and limit your use as it is sooooo easy to become inadvertently addicted to it.

Good luck and let me know if I can help any more.

Love Bunchy x
  7. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Just in case Gcos hasn't seen this or anyone else can help him/her!
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

Could you all please, please, make breaks into more paragraphs???

I want to read your posts, but the long ones do me IN and OUT LOL

Thanks, sweeties...
    findmind
  9. landofozz

landofozz New Member

I really trully thing this is some sort of anxiety, weather or not you realize it. I had the same sensations and my breathing and evertyhing would be like you described, after i would get really cold, sweaty, maybe shaking a lil bit. Or it could be hot flashes maybe? but i remember getting electrotherapy from the chiropractor and it started doing that and i was sweating like a pig in the hot summer. But if you truly don't think it is i would go to the doctor.