Does anyone have Throbbing pain doing nothing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

I know FM is characterized by tender points but does anyone have throbbing pain even if you are just lying on a couch? I swear this has to be related to Herpes virus as the pain feels like bad herpes sores that you get on your lips but under your skin.

Am I alone with this? Maybe I am misdiagnosed....I hurt so bad and have even tried morphine and had no success.
  2. nancyct

nancyct New Member

Yes, I sometimes have throbbing pain while sitting still and doing nothing. In addition to fibromyalgia, I have chronic pain from arthritis and old internal bone/muscle injuries.
    Before I was given the 'name' of fibromyalgia, it was called fibrocitis arthritis. That diagnosis was made because of the severe throbbing pain that I experienced literally doing 'nothing', with the exception, that I also showed symptoms of having an injury. With me, my left arm/wrist would swell up for no reason and imitate a broken or severely sprained wrist. There was no actual injury and often when this happened it was sudden... as in just sitting having dinner or waking up with it. Morphine would not work on this pain, I have to take an anti-inflamatory to reduce the internal swelling which causes the pain. Good luck. Also, I am NOT a doctor of any kind, I just have the same symptoms which started in the mid 80s. Also, I do not have any form of Herpes.