Does anyone have tingling and numbness?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by neednap, Mar 8, 2003.

1. neednap

neednap New Member

Hello, My question is: Does anyone have tingling and numbness in their hands and arms? Does anything help? I've been diagnosed about 2 years and this symptom had been going on for several weeks.

Thanks
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

This is a new symptom to add to the list of what sometimes seems like hundreds. It happens in both hands but most of the time not at the same time. It seems to affect my left hand more than my right. I have not found anything that makes it any better. The good thing about mine is that it doesnt last very long. I also have degenerative disk disease and have been told that having that might have a hand doing this to me but the doctor is unsure. I wish you all the best and hope you find some relief

hugs,
    Jeanna
  3. pearls

pearls New Member

I do have FMS and CFS, but my tingling and numbness turned into some real pain. After a nerve conduction test, I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome.

-Pearl
  4. dacer

dacer New Member

yes i have that, i have cfids and fms, my doctor said it is from the swelling of my muscles wich causes blood flow to slow wich of course makes my arms and hands numb and tingle. very irritating.
  5. aunt77

aunt77 New Member

Yes, I have it go down my arm and fingers. My legs get it really bad also. Massage is the only thing that has helped me. walk if you can to.
  6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

It doesn't seem to materialize according to any sort of schedule, it just appears and then goes away until the next time. I have been tested for carpal tunnel, and the results were negative. I can't say if anything helps or not. I don't really notice any difference, no matter what I am taking. If you find something that works, please let the rest of us know.
    Kathryn