Does anyone have trouble getting over bumps and bruises?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poodlegirl, Oct 1, 2002.

1. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

Just a comparative question. It seems like I have trouble healing from bumps and bruises. I stubbed my toes 4 months ago and it still aches. I fell and had a knot on my arm and it took 1 1/2 months to go down. Anybody else?
  2. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

Just a comparative question. It seems like I have trouble healing from bumps and bruises. I stubbed my toes 4 months ago and it still aches. I fell and had a knot on my arm and it took 1 1/2 months to go down. Anybody else?
  3. Lynda B.

Lynda B. New Member

When I get a scratch or scab it takes forever to go away. I am now getting knots down back of forearm along bone there. They are very painful. My mom says my grandmother had lots of them. My mom gets lots of funny knots too.

Yes, everything takes longer to heal.

Lynda B.
  4. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I have a lot of small brusies that I never know how I got, I don't feel thing's because of another condition.

The Big Bruises take forever to go away, I still have a nasty one on the left shin that I got back in July ot maybe it was Aug. anyway it's like a dark place on my leg. The Dr. looked at it on my last visit and said that it was just the FMS taking it's time healing from the injury, which he said was a "Hematoma" ( a collection of blood) and not just a bruise.

I get them mostly on the legs from falling, and last year I fell into my car-trunk and wacked my elbow real bad, It swelled up something terrible.
    I use Ice for the first day, and then Warm moist heat after that, it helps to speed up the healing process.

I also have scars from cut's, and also from Insect bites, I din't have these problems till the FMS started.

So at least I'm one person who gets this easy brusing from the FMS, there are other conditions that can cause bad bruising also. Have you had a Doctor look at the bruises?
    Hope you have a great day,
    Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon