Does anyone have trouble with tap water?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by graydon, Jun 2, 2006.

1. graydon

graydon New Member

I usually drink bottled water, but last winter I was drinking tap water and had a reaction that included sores in my mouth, a facial rash, sore throat, increase pain, sores around my mouth and on my neck, a runny nose, and increase exhaustion. I switched back to bottled water and the symptoms eventually decreased. Thought it was due to something in the tap water, and then just this week I changed bottled waters and started having the same symptoms again. Looked up the bottled water online and found it comes from a municipal water supply. What I'm wondering is if it's chlorine I'm having the reaction to, or possibly fluoride? Anyone else have problems with tap water or chemicals found in it?

Graydon
  2. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I don't drink tap water and haven't in years. In the summer time here in Texas when we get no rain, the lakes turn over and the water smells like dead fish. I drink bottled or filtered water only.

TxSongBird
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I usually drink bottled water because I often don't trust my local water supply (don't drink river or lake water, only well water). I was continuing to drink the tap water when I visited some cousins, since I had been doing so for years. I finally realized that it was making me feel worse when I was there.

The 'bottled water' I usually drink is actually the local water that has been through a filtering machine at the grocery store.
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Graydon,
    My Dr. told me to drink only mountain spring water. I experimented with different brands and looked them up, and they are not all the same. For me, Arrowhead is the best. I even try to buy Arrowhead ice.

As for tap water, ours has so much chlorine that I only use it for washing and watering the plants. For all other things, such as cooking, drnking, etc,,, I use bottled water.

Last year I tried drinking the reverse osmosis water from the health food store, as it is only 37 cents a gallon. I began to feel worse and worse. I returned to the bottled water, and the change was surprising. I immediately began to feel better. so, I'm trying to stay with the bottled water.

Hugs,
    Terry
  5. graydon

graydon New Member

Thank you all for your comments. :)

I'm feeling much better since going back to my regular bottled water. Think it's best to stick with drinking the same brand.

Graydon