does anyone have trouble working out at all?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I am a fitness instructor but since I was in the hospital recently for neuro cardio syncapy I can hardly tolerate exercising. If I even work out for 5 minutes I can hardly walk afterwards. It's so odd that this is happening to me.

The clients come in to workout and I can't even work out with them. Thank God for an understanding boss. At least for the moment. She's afraid I'm going to collapse again so she has encouraged me not to workout.
  2. CinCA

CinCA New Member

It depends on the day. Sometimes I have more energy than others (I have CFS). Cardio-wise I seem to get winded/tired incredibly quickly, even though I know I am in okay shape. And when I do work out (which for me now is accomplishing a lot of tasks around the house), I am pretty useless the next few days afterwards. I've been told that is just how CFS is.

I hope you recover your strength, and I also am glad your boss understands during this period.

Best of luck to you, and hang in there!
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I do mild stretches before I get out of bed.I also hold in my tummy and count,do deep breathing exercise and kegel.That's it for me
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

lovethesun - I love that you count kegels as exercise! Maybe I'll start exercising more! LOL!!!

Katy
  5. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

nice... At least we can laugh about it!

I did the trampoline for 5 mins today, gonna do it again before i leave in an hour. I also did one of the machines on the circuit. ONE! Before I went in the hospital I did all 8 machines many many times a day, 5 days a week. OK, where's that humor again?
  6. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Kimelia,
    I never was an athletic type of person, but I used to work out to a tape weekly with my fellow teachers, and then the rest of the days, at home. We used either the Jane Fonda tapes or something similar. I was able to work out for 20 minutes a day, when I was first diagnosed. Now, I am down to about 3 minutes a day.

The one exception is when I go to physical therapy, which is a one hour session of heat, stretches, exercises and machines. I can do that only once a week. It usually takes me a couple of days to recover from that.

It must be so frustrating for you to find yourself having such a hard time. I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Good luck in the future.

Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 11/30/2005]
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I've got a dry sense of humor.Glad it perked up your day!