does anyone have unbalanced problems??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hanna4175, Jun 29, 2006.

1. hanna4175

hanna4175 New Member

does anyone here have unbalanced problems.. like going up or down flights of stairs.. i do.. i always mis count them and end up tripping.. i have had quite a few falls down the stairs already.. pretty creepy.. just wondering if im the only clutz here..

hanna
  2. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

If I turn fast over I go,if I walk on uneven ground I fall or trip.
    One of the many joys,NOT!
    I'm with you
    Hugs,
    Mary
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

well, I'm kinda used to it now.

I know what you're talking about with the steps, I have done that before too.

I'm more prone to misjudge and walk right smack into a wall, or catch my arm or shoulder on a door frame. (Happens daily)

I constantly drop things and get dizzy if I turn too fast.

Another clutz,
    C-mom
  4. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Just like Cuckatoomom I walk into a wall almost daily, and I trip and everything. Yesterday I tripped while get across my dad to my mom on the other side of the couch, and wham I hit my foot on the dangerous coffee table.

My parents just gasp and I was like eeh whatever I graze myself against that coffee table all of the time. It hurt but it was on my foot, not my toes so I am happy about that.

Last Saturday I almost tripped down the stairs but thank goodness I was holding onto the rail.[This Message was Edited on 06/30/2006]
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I have some tripping problems and have taken a couple of tumbles down stairs. I haven't fallen in a while, though. I try to be particularly careful on stairs and am also slightly improved in overall health. I still occasionally stumble on uneven pavement/ground.

I also have a fumbling and dropping problem that I think is related to the stumbling and tripping. I treat a lot more stains when doing laundry than before. My kitchen need more cleaning now that I have less energy to do so.
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

but I've always had a good sense of balance so I don't fall(at least I think that's why).I'll turn and keep going,going,going.Linda
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

inner ear problems....drinking too much alcohol..lol...anyways meds, and just plain old aging...

jodie
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

IS WITH my checkbook. Haha!

Actually I have noticed a balance problem in the last couple years. I sometimes start to topple over. Haven't fallen cause there's always a wall or a person to lean on.

I wouldn't be surprised if I do just tip over one of these days. Always something new and surprising w/ these DD.
  9. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

Im walking on is uneven or the light is dim or in the dark. Broke two toes on the bed post last night. It like I get disorented and mabye dizzy too. its hard to tell. I was bent over in the restroom to pick up something and I almost fell then.

So, yes, I have balance problems and I have FM

Suzette
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I have awful problems even sitting down on the toilet I lose balance. I am dizzy quyite a lot, though not as bad as it was.

I saw neuro yesterday and he said it was still all muscular. I find this hard to fathom how muscles can affect balance, but he said spasms in muscles press on nerves.

Love Anne Cromwell
  11. carebelle

carebelle New Member

no I really do walk into things I keep bruses on my arms from mis judgeing doorways.

I sometimes feel like the room spins or I might fall .I also will have trouble with balence when in the dark.

I'm a clutz to, but I figured I was just born that way.
  12. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

I have balance problems as well as legs that tire very easily. This is a bad combination. I've been using forearm crutches for almost five years. At first, I just used them for long distances, but have been using them all the time for the last year. I have to admit I can walk much father with the crutches and don't fall any more.

Jackie
  13. janieb

janieb New Member

Believe I read that loss of balance is one symptom of fibromyalgia. Used to be quite athletic and now I find I'm lucky if I can catch myself before hitting the wall or whatever.

Blessings,

Janieb
  14. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

Today went to one of our nephews baseball games here in Oklahoma and as I was going down the bleachers I almost fell down head first.

Then when we stood for the Pledge of Allegence I felt like I was going to fall.

Then we were just at my sister in law's house in Oklahoma and I was stumbling around like a drunk.

My sister in law was really concerned about me.

But I just think it is that this trip has wore me out and also I had not been able to afford my Xanax but I had enough money on the first and got them filled and so I am having to get used to them again.

Pamela
  15. Linn3

Linn3 New Member

Yeah, I have balance problems too. Turning a corner I tend to bang my shoulder into the corner. Sometimes I just reel sideways and there is no warning. But I think it's more than that, I also knock over glasses and spill things. It's is if I can't judge where my arms or legs should go. My balance seems to get worse when I am tired.

[ advertisement ]