Does anyone have Veneers? (teeth)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Mar 27, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi group~
    Has anyone had veneers put on their teeth for cosmetic purpose or other?
    If so,... I need to ask.Are you happy with the results?

Can a person just do only the teeth they feel need it?
    meaning,..just 2 or 6 teeth. depending?

And for front lower teeth that seem weak or have a tiny chip in them,...will veneers make them sturdier?
    Its something I'm looking into although they sure are expensive!!!!!
    Thanks for any help/insight,
    Tandy
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

for me~
    anyone?
    please???
  3. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

Hi Tandy,
    I started out w/the first four in front, I now have 10 veneers. The first set or two did not come back well, so I rejected them and waited til they were perfect. I had them made longer and thicker than my natural teeth. I have very weak thin enamel and they are strong and I love them! Thanks, Iggy
  4. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I have veneers on my teeth. And I LOVE them.

The only thing I have to do is wear a night guard as I grind my teeth. ANd thats not good with veneers.

5. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

I have to tell you my father, who just turned 76 yrs old, just had the teeth in front done. Well I think they were crowns though, but none the less... they looked BEAUTIFUL! He was always embarrassed by his teeth, even though he was... he always smiles and LAUGHES and JOKES around which is great.

Anyway, when he came out to the waiting room... he was smiling and laughing with the smile I was used to... but he opened his mouth and he had these BEAUTIFUL teeth, it was WOWEEEEEE! I said OH DAD! YOU LOOK SOOOO GOOOD!! He was thrilled! COST him a BUNCH but he is happy. Shows you its never to late too!

IT was almost weird though, he looked SO different, but looked FANTASTIC! I wanted to cry, but I didnt - I think he wanted to as well.

Good luck if you decide. I personally dont think spending money on your teeth is a waste. IT probably one of the nicest things yo ucan do for yourself AND you will proabably smile more and feel better about your self.

HA. I was thinking well now... I spent 3 years in braces - which I had off a few years ago...and he comes out with these TEETH ... SO quickly... I am wondering HMMmmmm.LOL! Should I have done that?

Karen
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

I apreciate all the info/stories~

Cost: Someone above mentioned about $750 a tooth!! right? I wonder if you get any kind of a price break if your doing a few? I need/want about 4-6 done.
    I also wonder if they have payment plans!??? lol
    (I'm sure they do) nowdays you can make payments on a boob job! Ha!
    I've always wanted nicer teeth.
    Don't picture me as a hillbilly,..there not THAT bad :)
    Its just something that would make me feel better about ME.
    I could use a boost~
    its wishful thinking because I really don't think I can afford the prices. (maybe?) ;)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  7. 1horse

1horse New Member

I had veneers put on my top teeth (6) about 6yrs agop or more. they are wonderful.. it really helped my self esteem.. i would recommend them and I know they are expensive. but well worth it.. peg
  8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I have veneers on my two front top teeth. They had cavities on both side of both teeth and it was either veneers or silver fillings because the teeth had gotten week. Because it was not for cosmetic purposes the insurance paid for them.

My mom has gold fillings on the sides of all her front teeth and I didn't want to have mine look like that.

The veneers look much better and overall I have been very happy with them. I did have one come off and had to have a new one done. I didn't have to wait for them, mineare a paint on type of platic where they did several layers until they were thick enough and strong enough.

One problem I've had is that they have aged the same as my regular teeth. I have had them about 10 years. If I were to lighten my teeth with an over the counter product, the veneers will not lighten. The dentist recommended that if I wanted to have brighter teeth I would need to have the veneers replaced. Insurance won't cover them for cosmetic purposes.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  9. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

My sister goes to a dentist that now has a special set-up in which you get the crown during the same appointment. It would be so nice not to have to wear the temporary ones for a couple weeks, many times they fall off during the waiting period. But, I think she said it's a 1000 per crown and her Ins. pays for half.
    Good luck with this !

Laura
  10. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

My 8 veneers cost around .....sitting....$4000.00

crowns cost more.
    but to me it was worth it!! I smile MORE than ever.

11. tandy

tandy New Member

:)
    I'm sure it is worth it!
    I'm wishing it were cheaper,yes.
    But the high cost will not stop me if thats what I choose to do in the end.
    Because it means that much to me.
    I'll at least go for a consultation,and see what my options are and exact prices.
    Maybe I can do just 2 for now,..and then more later.?

Hugs
    Tandy