Does anyone hear "chirping" sounds in your head???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shep, Mar 18, 2006.

1. shep

shep New Member

I constantly hear a sound in my head like a "chirping or gringing sound." It sounds like egg shells being crushed. It is not a ringing of the ears sound.

This is driving me crazy. It never stops. Does anyone have or has had this? What did your doctor say about it?
    I told my regular doctor and she said it was "taking too much tylenol"; and not to worry about it.

I requested a visit with a neurlogist but got nowhere. I am frightened I may be having small seizures. This is not painful ...just constant annoying and distracting..it doesn't take much to distract me !!! lol

Any info appreciated. I do have some degenrated disk in my neck, but the sound is not down at my neck; it is mostly above the ears in the middle of the back of my head.

I know this sounds "crazy" like a lot of our fibro/cfs symptoms do; but I am not ashamed to ask.

Thanks in advance for replys.
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

hi I"ve had ringing and the chirping in my head I think mine come from tight mucsles in my neck.So if you have something you do for that it may help good luck.
    sixtyslady.
  3. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

But I definately have a grinding noise in the exact place you described; ear level in the back of the head.

I know absolutely for sure that mine was a result from sever whiplash. I've been dealing with this since it happened when I was 10.

I went to a chiropractor briefly for it, but it ended up making it horribly worse. I also suffer from degenerative disc and between that and the whiplash, chiropractor treatment is no longer an option for me.

As for chirping? LOL

I hear chirping all day every day.

But I have 3 birds ;)

~Amanda
  4. ckzim

ckzim New Member

but I do hear what sounds like a "radio" on...especially right before I fall asleep...so much so I have to get up and check to see if the tv or something is on.

doesn't happen all the time...just enough to grab my attention...I don't have a clue to what it is.
    My SO says I'm a nut ball...and turn the channel to the elevator music so I will go to sleep and quit bugging him!
    LOL...
    KathyZ
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I don't by any means, think you are crazy for hearing these sounds. I don't hear the chirping sounds but DO hear a grinding/clicking noise in my right ear. It doesn't occur all of the time but is annoying when it does. I have had cervical spine surgery (neck area) twice and continue to have pain in the neck and right arm. I don't know if the noise is related or not; haven't been to Dr. to get it checked but sometimes it makes me feel "crazy". I do not take tylenol but what I am experiencing may be completely different from what you are eperiencing; not sure. Hope this helps and please don't think you're crazy for asking; We never know unless we ask.

Take Care!

BlueSky555