Does anyone here live in Colorado?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caperkat, Aug 25, 2006.

1. caperkat

caperkat New Member

Wondered if the dry climate is better for FM? Just moved back here.
  2. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I live in Colorado, but I can't say whether your FM will improve or not. I mostly suffer from CFIDS. My FM symptoms are fairly light most of the time. I take a lot of Magnesium to keep it under control.

Welcome back. Isn't it wonderful!!!

skierchik
  3. caperkat

caperkat New Member

for the feedback and your warm welcome. I've read about magnesium on here. I'm curious to hear more about the benfits of magnesium and some of the other supplements people use to feel better. I'm on all Rx meds.

kat
  4. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I hate to say this, but it's the meds that made me worse. The more toxins I was putting in my body, the worse I felt, so I don't take any RX meds except insulin for juvenile diabetes and thyroid meds for Hashimoto's. My fatigue and fm has lifted somewhat. I've shared with everyone what my doc has me doing if you want to look it up. Supplements like magnesium, selenium, B12, Glutathione w/ honey, and antioxidants, etc. are a must for us all. I do have to go on Prilosec because I now have an ulcer, but we think it's due to Celiac disease. If it's celiac, I will now have 4 autoimmune disorders. Uhg!!

I hope you get some relief soon and that Colorado proves to be a good move for you.

skierchik
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I moved to SW FL 9 years ago. I feel better here but some can't tolerate the heat and humidit. I think we are all different and what suits one may not suit another. Also, over time, we can change and we may need a change of climate.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  6. Pennygirl2

Pennygirl2 New Member

Hi caperkat,

welcome to colorful Colorado. I have been here for 11 years now. It was an adjustment to the dry, eyes tearing all the time at first.

But when we occasionally get moister cooler weather, I seem worse and hurt worse. I think I couldn't take the humidity.

I hope you like it here. I am north of Denver, in Loveland. Penny
  7. wordbyrd

wordbyrd New Member

Hi!

Welcome to Colorado.

I've also been here 11 years. Moved here from Northern California.

It took some time to adjust to the altitude (5000+ feet above sea level) and the much lower humidity. My skin became dry and I was thirsty all the time. Moisturizers (with sunscreen - very important) helped a lot, also drinking lots of water.

I feel much worse with increased humidity. Can really feel it when the barometric pressure changes, e.g., right before a thunderstorm. So, yes, I do feel better in this climate.

However, our summers have been much more hot these past few years and I can't tolerate the heat at all. Really looking forward to the cooler fall weather.

--wordbyrd (CFS & FM)

P.S. Pennygirl2, we're neighbors. Just north of you. :)
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2006]
  8. rynkat

rynkat New Member

Can't say the climate has been too dry lately. We were almost washed away last night; 70-80 mph winds and street flooding. Bad weather does make the fm act up, don't know if it is the humidity, the cold, or just the stress of dealing with it all.
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

also lives in Colorado. To Skierchik- hi! I haven't seen you on here for ages! Good to see you.
  10. Avey_CO

Avey_CO New Member

I am just under 5,000 feet altitude. I have noticed that I feel so much better at lower altitudes. Went to Las Vegas and had no trouble keeping up with the group. Got back to Colorado air port and had to take rest breaks. I would love to move to a lower location, but finances won't allow it and besides all my family are close by.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2006]
  11. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    Well I'm not in CO but just to your north in Wyoming. Same climate. I moved out here many yrs. ago from the Great Lakes region.

I love the climate! You could never get me back to less sunshine and that alful humidity. Hope you enjoy CO. I lived in Denver for 6 yrs. so I know it well. The only problem I have with CO is to many people!

It's a great state with lots to do and see. Hope you do feel better being out here. I honestly don't know if the climate makes a difference, but I hope it does for you!

kbak

[ advertisement ]