Does anyone here NOT have significant fatigue?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Slayadragon, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Does anyone on this board not have severe fatigue as one of their core symptoms?

I believe that most people do, but it's possible that some people (for instance, those with fibromyalgia) do not.

I'm talking only about people who have not managed to overcome their problems in whatever way (through conventional or "natural" treatments), of course.

Thanks!
  2. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

is my worst problem. I can deal with all the other crap, but the fatigue is awful!

I think most people here have severe or at least moderate fatigue.
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Lisa, I know you are asking about how we feel currently, but even though fatigue is one of my main problems now it wasn't always that way. Up until 10 months or so ago (I have FMS,CFIDS and CMP) my major complaints were pain, memory loss, cognitive disfunction, sleeplessness and fatigue. I was always able to push through the fatigue. If I had pain, I'd take a pill and keep pushing. Not anymore.

My fatigue is now overwhelming. I would have to say that it is the symptom that affects me the most. I just can't push myself anymore. Most days I'm in bed until at least noon and then on the couch most of the remainder of the day. It's horrible.

Lolalee
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2006]
  4. ladykew

ladykew New Member

After suffering from all the symptoms of FM for 20 years and CFIDS for 10 years, I now for the past 3 years have been almost an invalid. The fatique actually hit me really bad about 6 years ago. Now I can barely manage to take care of myself, and don't do a very good job of that, I'm embarrassed to say.

My Mother brings my groceries and takes me to the doctor, and she's 80. I feel sometimes like such a burden, although she would never want me to feel that way.

Also, I just had a sleep study done, and I have sleep apnea. I was the one who suggested it to my doctors on my friend's advice. Why wouldn't a doctor think of this???

I hope I qualify for a CPAP machine. I believe this will help with a lot of my fatigue. I quit breathing 27 times each hour. To qualify for insurance to pay, you have to stop breathing 30 times an hour.

Maybe this would help some of you who have severe sleep disturbances, or feel totally fatigued all the time.

Hugs,
    ~~~LadyLew
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Wow, 27 times an hour to almost wake up is every two minutes! No wonder you're tired.

Did someone point out to you that it seemed you were stopping breathing on a regular basis? Or did you just guess?

I'm just wondering if there's a way to tell without a sleep study.
  6. llama

llama New Member

Hi lisapetrison and all,

Have had some degree of fatigue since I was 6 or 7 years old, just thought I was different. Obviously the fatigue very slowly but steadily worsened until now at 47 I'm unable to work or even leave the house more than maybe once a week (also steadily developed many! of the usual fibro symptoms).

I've been dx'd with Fibro. but not CFS YET, but I now fit all the criteria. Just in last year have the sore throat and swollen lymph glands.

Had sleep study done and suprisingly only have mild apnea but my brain comes nearly out of the "sleep state" every 30 seconds, they're not sure why yet. I'm thankfully unaware of this chaos in my brain, but obviously my exhaustion is testimony that I get very little sleep, despite "being in bed" like 10 to 12 hours.

Sorry for the long post...despite exhaustion, damn I'm a talker!.........Thanks for listening.....Jill.......
  7. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Lisa,

I always find the fatigue one of my worst symptoms!!

It feels like I am carrying a soaking wet horse blanket
    over my shoulders!!!! It weighs me down,and wears me out.

Take Care!!
    Jordane
  8. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

THe fatigue is what affect me and my family the most. My husband just doesn't understand why I can't keep the house up.
  9. wld285

wld285 New Member

Yes, that is the worst for me. I have had severe fatigue since I was 13. I just went through a bad fatigue episode the sast 3 days. Last night wwhen I said down, I just couldn't get up! I tlod Fcc doc, forget about pain, let's just deal with the fatigue first!
  10. deliarose

deliarose New Member

For a long time, fatigue was my most prominent symptom of CFS, with cognitive problems second.

The fatigue has eased off a lot since I started on supplements and building up the immune system with Vit D, etc..

I no longer nap during the day and I don't think of fatigue as much of a problem.

I almost don't want to say it out loud in case I jinx myself, cos I was tired for 10 years.

Hard to say what did the trick. Certainly wasn't diet or rest. I was resting all the time and my diet was horrible. It's still pretty lousey.

To be fair, I quit work 19 months ago, but it wasn't until a couple of months ago when I started with the supps and the probiotics and all that stuff, that I felt any better.

so what did i take? lots of Vit D, the cholecalciferol variety. ProBoost. Threelac, CoQ10, gingko biloba, Vit C and E.. So much stuff I can hardly remember.
    cranberry, lutein.

All that stuff really helped with the physical fatigue.. but the brain fog remained a problem until I got on antivirals and glutathione.

cheers
    delia

11. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

I don't know if its the same thing, but I get horrible fatigue in my legs, but nowhere else.I've been worked up for muscle and neuro disease, and they found nothing. My muscle strength is normal, but my legs feel like they don't want to do what my brain tells them to do. It's hard to explain if you've never experienced it. This started about 5 years ago when I was 27. It hasn't gotten any worse in the last 3 years, but I still have to use forearm crutches to walk. I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this.

Jackie