Does anyone" juice" at all? / Which JUICER is good to buy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

What is a good one to use that is not to expensive but will not fall apart at the drop of a hat?

*****Anyone have any recipes that are good and easy??

I am hoping that I may be able to get off at least some of my diuretics (B/P meds) and try to get me to feel healthier. More later on. I also posted this or something similar on the Alternative Medicine board.

Bye for now.>

[This Message was Edited on 03/09/2010]
  2. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I have the Jack LaLanne juicer and I really like it alot; easy to use and pretty easy to clean up. It's too big to stay out on the counter though.

You can put many different fruits and veggies in it--cores and stems and all. My personal favorite is a mixture of fresh carrots and granny smith apples. Delicious!

Good luck with your purchase!

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Oh, of course we have a juicer. We have about every kitchen appliance in captivity.
    Gordon drags it out once or twice a year, and we make carrot juice.

I don't know what brand it is. It's buried in a big stack of stuff. Would take a
    lot of effort and time to get it out to look. And then, of course, I'd have to
    put it back.

A juicer is great if you'll use it. We have stuff that hardly gets used. Haven't seen
    the bread machine for 6 or 7 years. The ice cream machine for even longer.
    I lived w/ Gordon for 7 years before I found out he owned a Cuisinart. It died so
    he bought another one that has been used once.

Land O Goshen!

4. victoria

victoria New Member

I bought a cheap (under $30) one to see if I used it.

I did, so I bought a Breville Juice Fountain Plus for about $180,
    rated pretty high especially for its price. It IS easier to clean
    than the cheap one, and had a bigger 'chute' to stick stuff thru.

Better ones get more juice from the produce.

However of course once I bought it, I've used it infrequently.

Stupid me! - meaning, I need to get back to it, I do feel better using it!

Hope you find one you like and will use.... maybe try Craig's List?

5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I know what you all mean and I had to laugh at ROCK talking about all the gagets that Gordon has stored in all the cupboards that no longer in used. Yes, I also bought a bread machine years ago when it was' really in. I did like it and it made good bread but then DH got into the habit of saying he didn't want the bread cause he was putting on to much weight (not really) but he thought so. I ended up finally giving it to one of my daughters. That took up alot of space on my counter.

Have to do some more thinking about it and how much I wanat to start crunching on celery all day. i do n't mind eating itto much but I havae to get it all ready to eat when I purchase it from the store first. Then I jus have to grab it and find something to dip it in or something.

I also like veggies alot but we do not have many servings of them all day. Neither of us eat theat much fruit and he is worse than . We will have a veggie or maybe two sometimes with dinner. How can get all the serviings into their bodies that they are supposed to be eating = good grief !

I found a couple of them in WM today that were sales and seemed like good brands. I am not sure I want to pay a fortune for one and then be guilty cause I don't use it that much.