Does anyone know about Vistaril?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by youmansm, Jul 23, 2003.

1. youmansm

youmansm New Member

This is my first post. Hello! I have FMS and keep it pretty well under control with sleep and exercise, followed by lots of hot baths, water exercise class, etc.. However, I'm currently taking Klonopin for anxiety/sleep and I think it's too sedating. I wondered if anyone had heard of taking the antihistamine/anti-anxiety med. Vistaril for improving sleep for FMS patients. I am fatigued enough by the FMS; I do not need more sedation! By the way, until recently, I didn't know that fatigue was a symptom of FMS and I had never experienced it so badly. Is this common among you all? Thanks.
  2. KayL

KayL New Member

nausea in the past. I took it with Vicodin for migraines years ago, and it was given to me w/Demoral in the hospital. When I was pregnant with my youngest, I was violently ill with morning sickness and my OB put me on vistaril. It's good for nausea, it puts me to sleep, but after a few days on it, I was a bitch on wheels. Defiinitely not one of *my* preferred meds because of that, but it worked.

Karen
  3. youmansm

youmansm New Member

Thanks--I am pretty sensitive to the psychological side-effects of meds., so I'll keep this in mind!
  4. youmansm

youmansm New Member

I had no idea that Vistaril was used for "twilight sleep." Is that what they give you, for example, when they put you out for an upper endoscopy? I was just wondering if it would help Stage 4 sleep, what we need for fibromyalgia, and if it could allow me to quit taking Allegra every day, as it is an antihistamine, and perhaps do double-duty...! Thanks again.