Does anyone know anything 'bout the Ticket to Work program

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rose_Red, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

Obviously I'm eligible. I was wondering if any one has checked it out or tried it. I would need to go back to school. Everything I'm trained to do is just too much on my body.

There's just so many things that need to fall into place. Great- I keep medicare but I need full time so my daughter has health insurance too. I need something thats not taxing physically and (I know i'm dreaming here) at least $25K/yr so I can actually afford to live in a world where gas is $3/gal, pay for health ins and rents that just keep going up.

Do you guys have any ideas of what jobs to even look into?

Thanx,
    michele
  2. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

Having worked in the staffing business for 10 yrs we were approved and accepted to hire Ticket to Work candidates. In fact, all businesses who were approved by the Federal Government have incentive paid to them to get you to work.

You may try temp services, many of them such as Manpower accept the program and they also have free training. Many of the positions that the temp services are temp to hire positions so that is where I would start.

Also, know that management pushes companies such as this to hire people who are in this program.

Good Luck to you!
    Peaceful mind and body to all!
    Marcia
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm interested to know more too.
    I was sent a brief letter about the ticket to work program.
    Not enough details in it tho.

My sister said she had heard that if you do go out and try to work with the ticket to work program,...that if your able to hold onto your job for 6 months, that they then cut you off from any aid from SSI or disability.???
    They'll help you untill they see you on your feet,then they don't wanna know ya.
    But what if your unable to hold down your job? then what?
    Do you have to start all over and reapply for ssi,or disabilty?? and go thru a judge and that crap again?

so,..I'm kinda afraid to try it.
    I'd like to, but don't wanna risk losing everything I fought to get!!which is'nt much but its better than nothing~
    hmmmm? Hopefully someone else will know more about this program.

Take care :)
    Tandy
  4. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I have recieved a Ticket to work, which everyone does or they are suppose to after being approved for SSD, but I have not used it...I'm just not able to as of right now.

But one thing you may want to check into as well...Go to your unemployment office and show them your ticket to work and they have programs as well to help you find a job and even training/school if needed.

Im pretty sure there is a limit to how much you can make and how many months out of the year you can work to be able to continue getting your SSD as well....I just dont have the numbers right off the stop of my head right now.

Hugs
    Bluerose

P.S. As Tandy said after so many months of working and they see you are on your feet and continueing to work they will cut your check out and then you would have to reapply all over again.[This Message was Edited on 09/08/2005]
  5. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

I'm not up for going back to wotk tomarrow but I would like to start planning for my future. School I could probably handle if not now then soon (hopefully).

I want to try to find something that I enjoy and that's not too hard on the body. Cutting hair and bartending are way too much for me. 10 hours a day on your feet with your arms up in the air or running crazy cuz the bars hopping. It's not worth it to do either if where you work is slow between tips and commision.

I still have 4 more years to go before my next review. I would LOVE nothing more than to be healthy enough to quit social security, never have to walk into a family services building again or see another EBT card. If they want to forget me - I say YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being broke sux!

6. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

From what I read at their website it's supposed to help you find gainful employment and allow you to keep your medical insurance. They've found out that a lot of people stay in the system so they don't lose their medical. It's interesting that once you're signed up for it they don't review your case.
    It seems like they're making that the incentive to sign up.

Other than that all the other info is geared toward companies that want to join. It wasn't real helpful.