Does anyone know how to get provigil

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by frosty50, Nov 14, 2008.

1. frosty50

frosty50 New Member

I've been trying to get provigil at some of the places on internet [needy meds etc.] and they say the provigil company has stopped giving provigl to them. My Dr. also does not get any more samples.
    Any suggestions would be a greaat help to get them. They cost $300.00 a month and I don't have any prescription coverage.
    I also got the together RX card and that helps a little but not much that I can afford to buy them.
    Would appreciate any suggestions
    Thank you
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I ran into problems getting Provigil at first too. My ins wouldn't pay for it cuz my Dr prescribed it to me off lable...I didn't have narcolepsy or a sleep disorder. I have gotten lots of sample packs, but just here and there when my Dr has it. He gave me an rx and told me to order online from Canada because it was so much cheaper:)

In the US, Provigil is only available by brand name, but Canadian pharmacies sell the generic "Modafinil". I have ordered many times from Discount Drugs from Canada:

I'm not sure if this is OK to post here, sorry if I'm breaking the rules.

This has saved me a ton of money over the last couple of yrs because I was paying about $10 per pill (200mg) here in the US (sometimes taking 2 a day!). The price is around $2 per pill from this pharm, depending on the quantity you order. It is Modafinil and I think it's exactly the same quality and just as effective as the name brand Provigil.

Call the phone number ("Dave" runs the place) to get info about pricing etc. Due to some regulation, they can't display the info on the website.

This pharm is a Mom and Pop type business that orders from other reputable pharmacies. I just had to fax my rx to them, and as far as I know, everything is legal and legit. I admit I was a bit paranoid at first to order meds online, but I've never had any problems.

Someday the generic will be avail in the US, but I don't know when. In the meantime, the stupid pharmaceutical companies will continue to keep the prices high. Too bad, cuz it's a good med that could help a lot of people IMO.

Hope this helps........Hermit
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

If you go to the Provigil website (I did briefly) you will see there is a section for reimbursement for Provigil and they probably also have a patient assistance program to help people who cannot afford their meds. I used to use these programs before my husband was working and got many meds free. I would see about this reimbursement and also call the patient line and see if they have any other programs that can help you.
  4. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Good thinking, dragon! I never even thought of that. The price of this stuff is so high that so many people could never afford it.

Frosty, did you check out our suggestions? Just curious if you had any luck, I hope so!